Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland
Job Vacancy: Pediatric Nurse
Location: Dadaab Dagahaley Refugee Camp
Project Summary: The objective of our project is to provide primary and secondary level of health care to the Refugees in Dagahaley refugee camp. MSF provides a full package of medical care through 4 primary health care units and 1 hospital (100 beds) with 24 hour emergency and OT. Health services include curative, preventative, nutritional activities and emergency preparedness and intervention with partners.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Medical Coordinator.
He/she will be responsible of the overall management of medical activities of the Dagahaley Refugee Camp project.
Package: Attractive package on offer with additional benefits including comprehensive health cover. Supportive learning environment within a large, dynamic International Medical Humanitarian Organization with dedicated career paths for proven staff.
Contract duration: 3 month contract with possibility of extension (based on performance)
Main Tasks include:
- Know, promote, implement and follow at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensure high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment .
- Organize and carry out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, as well as assist them during consultations/ daily rounds and other medical procedures.
- Ensure patients are properly received and installed in the health service. Ensures that patients with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort.
- Respect medical secret and confidentiality.
- Carry-out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients meaning assessment of their health state evolution, and identification of emergency situation or any deterioration,
- Participate in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary
- Supervise and train nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures and ensuring team work.
- Participate in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (carrying out inventories, carrying out stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover, ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, checking its quality and its functioning, storage conditions, doing follow-up of expired drugs, etc.).
- Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patients files, forms, consumptions, statistics, etc.), ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases that may arise. fill in all necessary registers and health files, participate in data collection and keep doctors/supervisors informed.
- For ER and OPD nurse, ensure triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care when necessary and referring them to the doctor.
- If applicable, identify Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and refer them to the medical team, so they can receive the necessary treatment.
- Knows and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Sends material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization.
- Participate in the hospital platforms, departmental meetings, quality control activities like death audits, case reviews, prescription audits etc.
- Ensure the registration of day to day consumption according as per procedure in place including proper cold chain management and maintenance in the department.
- EPREP team member: Assist in response to emergencies within the project or as required.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Kenyan national
- Education: Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma Desired Bachelor in Science of Nursing
- Experience: Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s.
- Languages: English and Local language essential.
- Competencies: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
- Due to the nature of the work, an ability to speak Somali could be a strong advantage
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter outlining HOW you fulfill each of the requirements in bullet points on or before 10th April 2018 to http://uhired.me/job/196
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)
Healthcare Practitioners and Technical
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Dagahaley Refugee Camp
Dagahaley Refugee Camp, Dadaab, Kenya, 0.1913967, 40.28810980000003