Mwalimu National is the largest Sacco in the region with total assets in excess of 40 billion Kenya Shillings and is mandated to mobilize savings and give credit to its members.
The Society has sixteen (16) branches spread across Kenya with a membership of more than 82,000. Mwalimu National stands out as a leader in the Sacco Industry, a key and fast-growing player in the region’s financial services sector and a world-class co-operative financial institution.
The Society is an ISO 9001:2008 certified organization and was awarded the 1st runners up Financial Reporting (FiRe) Award under the Sacco Sector in the year 2017.
Mwalimu National is seeking to recruit a dynamic, ambitious, and result-oriented individual to join our team in our fast paced, modern work environment, to fill the following position:
Assistant Manager – Business Loans
Ref: MNS/HR/02/201 8
The Assistant Manager-Business Loans will be reporting to the Head of BOSA and Business Loans Manager.
Job Purpose: To create a more robust and result oriented business loans department through staff supervision and coordination, timely monthly reporting, improved savings and loan portfolio growth, membership increase and retention and improved turnover.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Ensuring achievement of the departmental financial targets.
- Preparing timely and accurate departmental reports.
- Maintaining a quality portfolio.
- Member loan applications approvals.
- Ensuring timely loan disbursements, accounts reconciliation and monitoring of business loans repayments.
- Management of defaulted loans.
- Departmental staff supervision.
- Periodical review of business loans applications and proposals to ensure that the loans are in line with the society’s financial policy guidelines and procedures.
- Obtaining and compiling copies of loan applicants’ information as stipulated to facilitate Loan processing.
- Analysing applicants’ financial status and credit evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Reviewing business plans to ascertain their viability.
- Meeting with the applicant to obtain information for loan application and attend to questions about the process.
- Ensuring that the staff follow the organization’s policies and procedures and performance contracts.
- Providing staff guidance, mentorship and coaching on work related issues.
- Representing the department’s issues to the senior managers.
- Marketing Sacco products to both prospective and existing customers.
- Conducting members’ recruitment and training.
- Updating members on any new developments as regards products or services.
- Monitoring products update and advice as appropriate.
- Providing business advisory services.
- Handling customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
Required Functional Skills and Qualifications:
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in a similar position.
- Computer literacy
Required behavioural skills:
- A candidate must be a person of integrity and demonstrate excellent interpersonal;
- Demonstrated professional competence and capability in work performance;
- Great attention to detail and high numeracy levels;
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment;
How to Apply:
Interested persons are invited to send their application letters, updated CV, copies of academic certificates and testimonials to the undersigned on or before Friday, 4th May 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer
P.O Box 62641-00200
City Square, Nairobi.
OR e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mwalimu is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.
Mwalimu National is regulated by SASRA.