Job Vacancy: HIS Developer
Job Location: Nairobi
Industry: NGO Healthcare
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish needs and requirements for any database or information system
- Determine the appropriate frameworks, tools and technologies to be used for implementing any database or information system, taking context, existing capacity and other guiding principles (e.g. open source, already in use in the health sector) into account
- Based on agreed specifications, design, develop and maintain SQL-based databases, primarily using open source tools such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Based on agreed specifications, develop web-based dashboards and other websites, including web apps that summarise, display, visualise data and make datasets available for download and further analysis
- Develop output reports using popular reporting tools (such as Jasper Reports) that pre-analyse and visualise data, and allow other people to pull those reports online (through a website/dashboard)
- Develop interfaces for interoperability to enable data syncing between databases
- Any other duties assigned related to this job description
- An appropriate degree in computer science, information systems or software engineering with a focus on software development or equivalent degree with five years experience – or at least ten years of demonstrable experience in software development
- At least five years of experience in developing information systems, ideally with a focus on health information systems, in popular languages such as JAVA, Python, or Django are highly preferable.
- Demonstrable experience in working with databases and SQL, including writing SQL queries
- An understanding of popular tools currently in the health sector such as ODK, DHIS2 and OpenMRS
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 20th April 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
Recruitment Services Firm
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Nairobi, Kenya, -1.2920659, 36.82194619999996