Job Vacancy: Regional Resource Mobilization (RX) Manager, Africa
At Nutrition International, we believe nutrition is the difference between what could be and what never gets the chance. So, every day, we drive for better, faster ways to deliver the nutrition interventions we know work to those who need them most.
If you are interested in being part of a team that is improving the lives of millions around the world, please submit your application for the above position.
Overall Purpose / Broad Function: Reporting to the Regional Director (Africa), this position is mainly focused on securing new funding from existing and prospective regional and country-level donors with additional strategy & partnerships support, in line with achieving the objectives set out in NI’s Strategic Plan and Resource Development Strategy.
The RX Manager will work in liaison with the Regional Director, Africa, and the Project Director, Strategy and Growth, HQ, and in close coordination with the Africa Country Directors.
This position is a key part of NI’s Global Resource Mobilization (RX) Team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Research and intelligence gathering
- Identify and/or follow up on potential and appropriate donors in the region, researching their goals and policies and areas for potential collaboration with NI
- Ensure Country Directors (CDs) and their teams are provided with information on new funding opportunities e.g. through calls for Expressions of Interest in submitting proposals for grants or project management
- Track resource development efforts (e.g. proposals, reports)
- Input research findings into NI’s global systems and databases
- Act as focal point for communications with existing and prospective regional and country-level donors.
- Support CDs, RDs and HQ in ensuring key contractual obligations with donors are effectively met such as ensuring timely submission of reports that meet the expressed satisfaction of donors.
- Ensure donors are kept informed of notable events and achievements and receive appropriate recognition of their role e.g. at dissemination events or in publications relating to activities they have funded
- Encourage and support visits by donors to project sites especially when key events are taking place e.g. program launches, dissemination events
- Lead the preparation and execution of travel/missions related to donor relationship management and pitches.
- Proposal writing and coordination
- Manage the development, finalization and submission of proposals to new and existing regional and country-level donors.
Capacity building and country support
- Support CDs and their teams in the development of country strategies, investment plans and formulating their resource development strategies
- Support and deliver RX-related capacity building of NI’s regional and country-level staff
Strategy and Partnerships
- Support the Strategy and Growth Team at HQ in the development and maintenance of strategic partnerships with (non-donor) regional organizations (e.g. Amref, AfDB, etc.)
- Support the Strategy and Growth Team at HQ in the development, roll-out and monitoring of country strategies in the region.
- Help ensure alignment between NI’s Global Strategy and the Country Strategies in the region.
- Collaborate closely with the Regional Advocacy and Communications Manager, Africa to ensure synergy in design and implementation of activities aimed at increasing awareness among potential donors of the NI brand
- Participate as a member of the Africa Management Committee contributing to NI regional strategy formulation and its implementation and identification of opportunities for RX.
Any other duties that are required of the post as requested by the Supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No supervisory responsibility
Education / Professional Designations / Experience
- Master’s degree in relevant area, such as International Development, Marketing, Health Economics, Communications from reputable university or institution.
- Experience of working for or with an international and/or non-governmental organisation in similar field
- At least 7 years’ relevant experience e.g. development communications and resource mobilization preferably with regional exposure.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of new business development and marketing within the development sector
- Successful record of fund-raising/proposal writing that had generated new funding
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with private/public sector and other partners.
- Current knowledge of international development policies, strategies, and programming
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Fluency in French is an added advantage
- Willingness to travel within the country and regionally for about 10-15% of the time. Average duration of the trips could be in the range of 2-7 days.
Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Excellent communication, analytical, negotiating and inter-personal skills
- A team player who is personable, diplomatic and confident at dealing with people at all levels
- Excellent proposal and report writing skills
- Creative and innovative
- Competent IT skills, i.e. Word, Excel advanced, and Outlook.
- Competent researcher
- Planning and organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
Interested candidates should log in to https://nutritionintl.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=39 and submit their applications by Wednesday April 25, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.