Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1.
Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project seeks a candidate for the USAID-funded PMI VectorLink Kenya Project in the following position:-
Duty Station / Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Operations Manager provides organizational and logistical management for the project’s Vector Control TO1 operations in country.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Manages the overall planning and implementation of all project spray operations, including:
- Developing annual operations activity schedules,
- Conducting geographic reconnaissance,
- Identifying, and overseeing the preparation and renovation of, spray operation sites/bases,
- Organizing annual planning meetings with NMCP, other local stakeholders, and spray districts,
- Determining spray operation labor requirements, and overseeing the recruitment of seasonal spray personnel,
- Quantifying requirements for insecticides, sprayers, PPE, and all other equipment and supplies,
- Confirming specifications for PPE, and all other equipment and supplies procured locally,
- Organizing micro-planning meetings.
- Overall responsible for supervising and monitoring spray activities
- Ensuring that correct spray techniques are applied
- Ensuring quality and accuracy of primary data
- Ensuring data forms are promptly and safely delivered to data centers
- Ensuring that supervision and monitoring tools are used as required
- Oversees the management of warehouses and stores.
- Ensuring adherence to USAID/PMI BMP for IRS
- Ensuring that there are adequate stock levels of commodities, equipment and supplies, at all operation sites.
- Ensuring that all store records are up-to-date throughout the spray campaign
- Coordinates training-of-trainer (TOT) courses, and the trainings of the different categories of spray personnel.
- Oversees information, education, and communication (IEC) activities and community mobilization.
- Recommends spray personnel performance targets, and tracks progress against spray campaign targets and timelines.
- Achieves operations-related Monitoring & Evaluation and Quality Control indicators of the project.
- Develops the operations component of the country capacity-building plan to transfer skills to local institutions.
- Directly supervises the project’s District Coordinators, and Logistics Coordinator.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Bacherlor’s Degree in Public Health, Environmental Health, or other relevant field (Masters desirable).
- At least eight (8) years of professional experience managing operations in an international development environment, with significant experience in vector control programs.
- Significant management and supervisory experience.
- Prior experience at USAID-funded programs, and basic knowledge of Federal and AID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs), are highly desirable.
- Excellent writing, computer, and organizational skills.
- English language fluency.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to VectorControl_Kenya@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “County Coordinator” by COB Friday, May 11th, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.