The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
Job Vacancy: Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Introduction: The KCCB – General Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the KCCB implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
The CJPC works to fulfil one of KCCB objectives, that is, to promote justice and challenge oppressive structures in society. CJPC’s broad aim is to sensitize individuals, communities, and the whole nation on justice, peace issues and their respective roles and duties in addressing peace, development, human advancement and watches human rights.
Description AGEH/CPS: All progress begins and ends with people and comes to success through interaction and dialogue. This is the firm conviction upon which the work of the Association for Development Cooperation (AGEH) is based.
As the German Catholic agency for international cooperation, AGEH seconds qualified experts for development cooperation projects in Africa, Asia, Latin America or Central or Eastern Europe. The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a programme implemented by AGEH and works to resolve conflicts constructively without recourse to violence.
It is largely of preventative nature and involves the deployment of specially trained experts, Civil Peace Workers (CPS Worker), to crisis regions. The CPS Worker provide support to local partner organisations that work to reduce violence and to help communities come to terms with past violence.
Since 2009 AGEH/CPS is working together with KCCB-CJPC to develop and strengthen peace building work in communities around Kenya with specific focus on resource conflicts, good governance and inter-religious dialogue. Currently Civil Peace Workers are seconded to partner organizations in Lodwar, Mombasa, Ngong and Nairobi.
It is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the following key position.
Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – full time position
Placement: Nairobi with frequent travels in various parts of Kenya
General Objectives: Implementation and follow up on planning, monitoring and evaluation of the projects of the AGEH/CPS cooperation’s in Kenya using ROMA, a PME tool developed by AGEH, based on outcome mapping as well as other PME tools.
Support of AGEH / CPS Coordinator
- Planning, preparing and conducting PME Workshops at the project partner level in cooperation with the project partner and the CPS worker
- Support the development of adequate PME instruments and tools at country level; develop best practice and lessons learned
- Support the CPS Coordinator in PME related questions concerning the monitoring of the CPS Country Programme
- Support and participate in annual AGEH/CPS meetings at country level
- Provide regular feedback to the AGEH/CPS Coordinator on issues relating to content, progress, and challenges of PME processes
- Assist AGEH in the improvement and development of PME support and instruments and participate at meetings that are organized by AGEH HQ and/or the AGEH PME Advisor to this purpose
- Prepare reports as per deadlines
- Ensure the timely accounting and reporting of field trips as per AGEH requirements
Support of AGEH/CPS partner organisations
- Offer continuous support and guidance to project partner and the CPS workers on the implementation of PME in the CPS projects
- Conduct and implement trainings on PME for partner organisation; Development of training materials
- Support the exchange of experiences between partner organisations with regards to PME
- Bachelor Degree in social science with a focus on Project Monitoring and Evaluation in peace building and/or development, Master’s
- Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years’ work experience in planning, implementation and evaluation of peace building and /or development projects.
- Knowledge and experience to work with outcome mapping.
- It is an advantage to have worked in non-governmental organizations and in the fields of resource conflicts, specifically with regards to Pastoralist conflicts, and/or in the field of Inter Religious Dialogue, especially in the Kenyan context.
Extent of carrying out duties and responsibility outlined above.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- A good knowledge of social teachings of the Church, and Ethical principles
- Good recommendation from own parish priest
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to: –
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800
To reach him on or before 26th April 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Life, Physical, and Social Science
|Company / Organization||
KCCB General Secretariat
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||