Vacant Position: Plumber
Location: Nairobi – Kenya
Our client a market leader in Hospitality is urgently seeking to hire dynamic and result oriented and experienced Plumber to efficiently undertake a variety of plumbing tasks ranging from fixing leakages to installing pipes and HVAC systems.
The job holder must have a thorough knowledge of hydraulic systems.
He/she should be a patient individual with a practical mind and manual dexterity, able to work efficiently with great attention to detail.
The goal is to install and maintain well-functioning systems that transport water, waste, gases or hot liquids and other matters by performing the following duties;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems
- Cut, assemble and install pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring)
- Install and maintain water supply systems
- Locate and repair issues with water supply lines (e.g. leaks)
- Repair or replace broken drainage lines, clogged drains, faucets etc.
- Repair domestic appliances (e.g. washing machines) and fixtures (e.g. sinks) etc.
- Install and maintain gas and liquid heating systems (air-conditioning units, radiators etc.)
- Install waste disposal and sanitary systems with well-functioning DWV systems
- Ad-hoc assistance to other maintenance teams
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Diploma/Craft Certificate in Maintenance or any Related field from a recognized institution
- Proven experience as a Plumber
- Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems in residential, commercial and industrial buildings
- Working knowledge of heating and ventilation systems as well as appliances
- Ability to handle plumbing tools and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers etc.)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly with a great deal of patience
- Good physical condition and strength with the ability to work in awkward spaces
- Valid license to practice profession
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 17th April 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.
Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
|Company / Organization||
Recruitment Services Firm
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||