Exciting Career Opportunity for Quality Manager in Telcoms & Energy with Leading Telecommunications Firm…
Our client, a Leading Telecommunications Firm with operations in East Africa, seeks to recruit talented, dynamic and result-oriented professionals to fill the above position. The incumbent will work closely with Project Managers, Supervisiors, OHS officers, and Design Engineers.
The main purpose of the job is to audit and ensure quality installations in accordance with the customer expectations as well as compliance to OHS requirements.
The job will also entail regular travel country wide including areas considered to be hardship areas.
- Execute project quality management activities according to project quality plan – include but not limited to make project E2E implementation process, quality standards, model site building, training, quality audit
- Develop and implement the Project Quality Plan in line with the company’s policy
- Formulate quality Acceptance standards of projects and document and communicate quality standards as per customer and international requirements to all the staff
- Document and communicate quality standards as per customer and international requirements to all the staff
- Provide a quality assurance plan for each Project before commencement
- Review site design documentation and installation drawings
- Inspect site installations to confirm conformation to SOWs and As-Builts; and check that installation has been completed and is functional
- Provide technical expertise in supervising quality control in implementing the customer’s Optic Fibre network infrastructure to satisfy a specified set of requirements derived from the Customer’s quality standards.
- Supervise and coordinate quality inspection of optic fibre cabling installations both in the OSP and ISP.
- Acts as technical expert on the organization’s behalf to collaborate with an outsourced service provider and verify the quality of the installations.
- Verification of as-built before submission for capturing.
- Ensure installations conform to the plans and to telecoms industry standards, specifications and regulations
- Assist with developing and improving set of standards and specifications for the installation of optic fibre
- Perform testing and inspection of optic fibre installation by the designated contractor prior to handover to customer and acceptance.
- Ensure installations conform to required standards and obtain certification of conformance from relevant professional services company.
- Provide advice and guidance to commercial and project teams on the characteristics and specifications of optic fibre used to meet project requirements.
- Provide feedback and technical support to the business regarding changes and innovations in the industry.
- Ensure compliance with legal standards and codes of practice;
- Ensure safe, secure, and healthy work environment according to Health & Safety standards;
- Monitor and ensure quality of Fibre network infrastructure implementations by the installation team/outsourced service provider;
- Perform physical inspections of the work in progress at critical phases; obtaining approvals from QA before handing over to Operations;
The ideal candidate will hold a Diploma in Telecommunications / Electronics; have at least five (5) years progressive work experience in the Telecommunication industry two of these should be in a leadership / supervisory position; the candidate must have demonstrable hands on experience and knowledge in Telecommunications Optic Fibre installation (OSP/ISP/, Wireless equipment installation, Applicable health and safety regulations and industry standards, Telecom Power projects, Contract Management, Quality Assurance and Control, Extensive knowledge of ODF’s assemblies, installations and internal Patching is a plus.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application details at email@example.com not later than 13th April 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Quality Manager in Telcoms & Energy
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
Recruitment Services Firm
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Nairobi, Kenya, -1.2920659, 36.82194619999996