Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions.
We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive products that are relevant to our clients.
We currently have over 60,000 members in our fold and have partnered with over 500 medical service providers across East Africa; a strong network of hospitals, clinics and doctors.
The Resolution Insurance brand is energetic and trendy.
In pursuit of our ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the position below in our Risk & Compliance Department.
Risk & Compliance Officer
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance, the job holder’s role will be primarily to partner with management to provide continual risk assessment and in the development of comprehensive policies, procedures, compliance training, protocols, internal investigations, plans and implements
risk management strategies and processes.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Ensuring the developed Enterprise Risk Management Policy remains relevant to the Company’s needs.
- Guiding integration of enterprise risk management with other organizational planning and management activities.
- Liaise with departmental heads in ensuring completion of quality departmental risk registers
- Liaising with the Head of Department to identify training needs for risk management and oversee development of enterprise risk competence and awareness across the company.
- Promoting a risk-aware culture, in line with the board’s risk appetite
- Evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives;
- Work ,through the Head of Department ,with Board Audit, Risk and Compliance committee in ensuring the identification and prioritization of risks and reporting of the same
- Liaise with department and division heads on the adequacy of proposed actions in management of risk areas highlighted in internal audit reports
- Monitor implementation of action plans to ensure risk mitigation efforts are proceeding as required.
- Proactively identify emerging risks and report to relevant stakeholders
- Develop risk management system and train departmental risk champions on implementation “Test” the effectiveness of cascading risk management approach to business decision making.
- Interrelating and integrating various compliance processes and functions and innovating compliance activities and related systems
- Identifying compliance requirements and designing compliance monitoring programs, including relevant testing
- Monitoring the organization’s compliance with relevant laws and regulations and reporting to senior management, as well as performing ongoing operational effectiveness testing.
- Promote and sustain an ethical corporate culture that values responsible conduct and compliance with internal and external obligations; and
- Any other duty assigned by Head of Department.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Ability
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
- At least 3 years’ experience preferably audit/risk/compliance related functions.
- Result oriented individual taking the lead in operational process reengineering, providing direction on new product & business initiatives, project governance, process reviews and risk assessments.
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills, including well developed presentation skills.
- In depth knowledge and experience of the practical application of risk MI systems and methodologies, including experience of risk and control assessment and risk reporting.
- Professional Qualifications – ACII or CPA (audit), ACCA/CIRM/FRM/CAMS an added advantage.
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly make your application through our CAREERS page on http://www.resolution.co.ke by COB, Tuesday 17th April 2018