Career Opportunity: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International is currently seeking multiple staff for the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program (K-YES) in Kenya that aims to enhance employability of Kenyan youth (Ages 18-35) for increased wage and self-employment, underemployed youth who have not completed secondary school.
The K-YES is a 5 year activity that will result in increased workforce competitiveness in the sectors targeted by this program.
We seek to recruit a Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant to be based in Garissa Office.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant is responsible for supporting the county team in collating and submitting both administrative, program output data and providing support in other office work including administrative work.
Under the supervision of the Senior County Coordinator and in close collaboration with the Senior Program Specialist (Technical Vocational and Education Training (TVET) Specialist.
She/he will be responsible for daily tasks related to monitoring, collection of data, updating the data base, supervising TOT`s, support in youth mobilization and other admin work.
- To coordinate with County Youth Board Forum and VTCs on youth mobilization, and screening and interviewing youth participants for all program intervention.
- Mobilization and selection criteria has already been laid out by the program.
- Monitor youth trainings in the villages and collect data of the youth undergoing training
- Coordinate and manage system for internship placement and quality control.
- Coordinate and monitor bi weekly tracking of trainees to ensure regular trainees attendance.
- Submit weekly data to Nairobi office
- Prepare weekly draft report and share with the senior county coordinator
- Support the Garissa office in the office administrative and finance duties.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Education / Administration, Organizational / Business Administration, International relations, Counselling Psychology, Social Science or a related field.
- Strong project management skills and attention to details.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with private sector actors/employers.
- Previous experience working on USAID funded programs an advantage.
Desirable skills for the post: Excellent report writing skills, negotiation skills, Computer skills and presentation skills.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st May, 2018
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE and COUNTY in the subject line of their email.
Locals are encouraged to apply.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V