Company: Village Industrial Power
Job Vacancy: Sales Manager
Village Industrial Power offers THE technological, methodological and financial strategy to increase value at the farm and improve the quality of life in farm communities.
The VIP technology utilises a variety of agricultural waste to power the processing needs at the farm with additional power available for ancillary income generating uses.
Using waste streams like maize cobs, nut shells and bagasse the VIP technology delivers off grid 3 phase power and heat on demand to dry fruit and vegetables, pasteurize and chill milk and much more.
Why Village Industrial Power?
Village Industrial Power (VIP) began its commercial launch in East Africa with operations in Kenya. It needs a Sales Manager who will play a crucial role in its expansion within East African agricultural markets in 2018 and beyond.
The Sales Manager will define and implement the organisation’s overall sales strategy within the region. They will work closely with the US and India Operations to achieve the organisation’s goals.
The position offers an environment for growth and learning. It also provides room for the individual to advise and challenge the management team on what will / will not work in these East African markets.
Sales and marketing strategy development
- Define a sales and marketing strategy in line with the needs of the market, competitor strengths and weaknesses as well as VIPs competitive differentiators
- Obtain buy-in and drive the implementation of the defined strategy to drive the organisation’s growth and increase its revenue
- Forecast and plan activities as well as budgets in line with the defined sales strategy
- Adapt – make quick adjustments to establish a suitable strategy that results in continuous growth
- Set up systems and processes that will aid the implementation of the defined sales and marketing strategy
- Seek to understand what motivates prospective clients and use this knowledge to form a connection and build a partnership
- Nurture, build and manage relationships with existing and new clients. This is with the aim of understanding their needs and how best to serve them even when the answer is not Village Industrial Power
- Build relationships and appropriately collaborate with external stakeholders such as NGOs, local government, agro-dealers, and external promoters
- Identify and analyse various payment options to create competitive payment and agreement structures that work best for the target clients and for Village Industrial Power
- Build, inform and act as an ambassador for a Client First culture, i.e. success of the client is the success of the organisation
- Build strong teams by recruiting, mentoring, motivating and equipping robust sales professionals
- Manage the performance of a target-driven internal and external sales team in line with agreed KPIs, ie. sales and market expansion targets
Does this sound like you?
- 6 – 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Direct and indirect sales experience
- Customer oriented, with the ability to build trust and rapport with internal and external teams
- Have an understanding of the sale of agricultural capital equipment
- Tech savvy, understanding of mechanical systems with an analytical mindset and experience
- Deep understanding of using a CRM system to drive sales and inform management team
- Proven experience in building and managing effective sales and marketing teams
- Closer who thrives on exceeding sales targets
- Familiar with using data to make evidence-based decisions
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism
- Have a “roll up your sleeves and get it done” approach to work
- Exceptionally focused, organised and comfortable with ambiguity
- Understand the nuances of working and forming relationships with people across multiple countries and different cultures
- Excellent negotiation skills with proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent financial management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, finance or related field
- Advanced degree or other training in Sales and marketing, or strategic management is an added advantage
Please use this link to apply: https://goo.gl/A41dxj
Sales and Related
|Company / Organization||
Village Industrial Power
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||