Job Vacancy: Fellow – Fresh Life Sales & Credit
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
Job Statement: We offer loans to prospective Fresh Life Operators; to date, we have managed these loans through collaboration between our Sales & Operations Team and Finance Team.
The Credit Team will now be fully responsible for redesigning our loan-related processes and results. This includes loan initiation, credit monitoring and delinquency management, the Credit Fellow will be tasked with assisting in these areas as required.
A typical day for you at Sanergy will include:
- Appraising loan applicants
- Responsibility for performance of assigned loan portfolio
- Preparation and presentation of credit proposals to Credit Committee
- Ensuring timely collection of loan repayments
- Issuing receipts and reports to Fresh Life Operators regarding account status
- Updating internal payment accounts
Skills and qualifications you’ll need:
- Diploma in cooperative management; a degree will be desirable
- Credit Experience in small, medium or large MFI having managed a portfolio of at least 250 customers above Kshs. 3 Million
- 2 years micro-credit experience
- Good analytical skills
- Good communicator (oral/written in English & Swahili)
- Group and individual lending experience
- Basic accounting skills
- Debt collection experience-desired
While the Sanergy Fellows are not provided monetary compensation, the experience gleaned from their time at Sanergy will benefit them for many years to come.
We are looking for a fellow with the desire, determination and energy to spend at least 3 months in East Africa pushing the frontiers of innovation. Join us!
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Application deadline: 20th April 2018.
Fellow - Fresh Life Sales & Credit
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||