Sanergy is looking for a qualified Lab Analyst to join our Quality Health Safety and Environment team.
Who we are: Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers. Our most innovative product is a protein rich animal feed from Black Soldier Fly Larvae (BSFL).
We are currently scaling up our processing facility to increase and optimize our production of animal feed. This scale up includes the construction and startup of a production facility to produce 300 tons of animal feed per month.
This facility will be the first greenfield insect animal feed production facility from insect waste in Africa – a unique opportunity!
About the role
As a Lab Analyst for Sanergy, your responsibilities will include:
- Organize and manage the daily workflow in the chemical and microbiological analysis section, develop weekly work plans to ensure that tasks are performed efficiently and within quality and safety standards.
- Maintain and develop laboratory manuals and procedures and SOP’s, research new laboratory procedures and techniques and implement these if required
- Work with the laboratory team to develop new and continuously improve existing methods for analysis of physical and chemical parameters for feces, urine, compost and other samples.
- Participate in risk assessments of the laboratory and ensure that local Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) requirements are fulfilled
- Conduct any other duties as directed by the manager
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- BSc Chemistry or Microbiology required
- 2-3 years of experience in the related area of work
- Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
- The perks you’ll have
- A holistic benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment and food security
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online by 25th April 2018
Life, Physical, and Social Science
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||