Job Vacancy: Cooling Technician
About Schneider Electric – East Africa: Schneider Electric is leading the Digital global company in Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems.
We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
Schneider is looking for a Cooling Technician responsible for performing skilled technical work and/or troubleshoot problems in the maintenance, repair, inspections and monitoring of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment with associated plumbing, electrical and mechanical skills.
This role serves for Cooling requirement of Data Centres / Banks / Telecomm & other IT industries.
- Cleans air conditioning and heating units (e.g. coils, condensation pans, drain lines, cooling towers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring units are operating correctly and within safety guidelines.
- Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
- Fabricates equipment parts for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing unavailable parts.
- Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for th purpose of providing information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with building and safety regulations.
- Installs HVAC and refrigeration systems and components (e.g. hot water heaters, filters, kilns, etc.) for the purpose of providing comfort, sanitation and safety within facilities.
- Monitors contract work for the purpose of ensuring contract terms are fulfilled and work standards are met.
- Monitors HVAC systems and their components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
- Operates a variety of equipment (e.g. electrical and diagnostic tools, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars, as assigned, for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance for the purpose of resolving immediate operational and/or safety concerns and providing for preventive maintenance.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Repairs heating and air conditioning systems and/or components (e.g. pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a comfortable work environment.
- Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours and be on 24-hour call for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment, and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Diploma in Electrical, air condition or refrigeration or related field
- At least 5 years of related experience HVAC mechanic and EMS technician in a commercial, industrial or large facilities environment
- Prior experience working in Data Centres/ Banks/ Telecomm & other IT industries.
- Job related experience within a specialized field is required
- Proficiency in the diagnosis and calibration of EMS control systems (Energy Management System Control).
Only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates are advised to apply ASAP.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Architecture and Engineering
|Company / Organization||
Schneider Electric - East Africa
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||