Job Vacancy: Outside Technical Sales Representative – Kenya
About Schneider Electric: Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems.
We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency
About the role: The Field Services Outside Sales Representative is accountable for the promotion and sale of a broad range of technical services including the start-up, maintenance, testing, retrofit, and upgrade of all major manufacturer’s electrical equipment installed at the customer’s site.
Also, accountable for the selling of turnkey projects ranging from simple replacement of equipment to fully engineered solutions.
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing SE customers to identify the scope of work, estimate and sell system adds/modifications and maintenance agreements so as to meet or exceed his/her profitable sales target.
Develops new sales opportunities and addresses and services the needs of established accounts. Utilizes excellent products/solutions/services and customer knowledge to educate customers on pricing and application advantages, and how they meet customer’s needs. Creates FS Service proposals, and close them facing the customer.
He/she interacts with the account manager from the BUs, and also with FS ISSR and FS Operational Marketing.
He/she will have to increase the mix of Service Plans sales as a top priority
- Develops account profiles and executes the sales plan.
- Applies market and account skills necessary for dealing with specific target audiences.
- Identifies and contacts potential customers or prospects, either existing or new.
- Secures customer satisfaction overseeing all ongoing activities with the customer (orders, delivery..)
- Utilizes BFO (Salesforce.com) for sales funnel management.
- Provides monthly forecasts and summaries in a timely manner.
- Participates in the preparation of analysis and reports on field service performance.
- Prepares sales quotations and proposals, including any activity that has to be outsourced, in respect of FS expected margin.
- Works closely with Inside Service Sales Representatives and the BU account manager to maximize business opportunities.
- Is “feeding” the Field Services Marketing leaders with Offers feedback and needs
- Educates customers on all SE products and services
- Provides mentoring, coaching and guidance to other sales employees
- Coordinates and/or attends trade shows and marketing/sales seminars as needed
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering
- Work experience and (3-10) years technical sales in LV/MV with prior experience in electrical sales
- Ability to build a sustainable and reliable relationship with the customer. The concept of Customer Intimacy is critical in Field Services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including C-level customers
- Thorough knowledge of Schneider Electric services offers throughout the Asset Management Life Cycle of the product.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and ERP/CRM related tools. Excellent organizational skills.
Only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates are advised to apply ASAP.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online