Job Vacancy: Protection and Control Engineer – Kenya
About Schneider Electric – East Africa: Schneider Electric is leading the Digital global company in Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Protection & Controls Engineer for the Power Networks System Protection and Control group.
- Maintains technical expertise; creates original designs; and develops design guides and standards. Monitors or performs highly complex engineering, design, calculations, analysis or other technical tasks.
- A superior team leader excelling in the resolution of complex issues and meeting commitments
Experience and Qualifications
- 3 years’ experience in protection and control engineering for switchyards and substations including supervisory experience.
- PE preferred
- Computer proficiency required.
- Expertise with power system related calculations including relay settings and coordination studies, and with EHV, high and medium voltage electrical equipment.
- Skilled in protective relaying especially for transmission lines including EHV, high and medium voltage systems.
Only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates are advised to apply ASAP.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online