Job Vacancy: Senior Finance Controller – Projects
Schneider Electric – East Africa is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems.
We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
Primary Purpose of the Job: To track / monitor & report financial performance of projects and support the business in achieving its goals.
Principle Relationships: Direct reporting to APAC Project Controller, dotted line reporting to Country Delivery & Finance Leaders.
- Finance business partner supporting Tender & Execution teams to monitor and challenge project performance (P&L, Cash Curve, CCO GM evolution, etc)
- Ensure governance around project controlling are in place (REL, risk/ opportunity analysis/review, solution database, Process Guidelines, IFRS).
- Advise the Finance & Control Leader and/or Delivery Leader, on main areas of attention regarding the execution of projects (risks / loss / opportunities).
- Be part of Project controller community
- As business partner during project Execution, support and challenge Project Manager in all relevant projects aspects with close focus/follow up on the finance activities (Revenue recognition, Margin, Cash, Tax, …) in order to improve project financial performance.
- Creates and maintains accurate and thorough financial reporting of forecasts and actual results by project and service contract. Provides relevant (timely & accurate) variance analysis.
- Liaise with Corporate, Finance & Control functions in order to help in the follow up of financial performance of project execution: Legal, Tax, Treasury, Solution Risk Managers, Contract Managers, Contract administrators, and Finance Business analysts. Manages the Cadence: Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting and Reporting processes for projects/service activity. Support Project Managers and Delivery Director in identification, analysis, trending of deviations in actual performance to budget/forecast, recommend & take part in corrective actions.
- Supports invoicing and cash collections on projects. Participates in weekly cash calls or unbilled calls, supports in resolution of disputed items in coordination with Delivery Project managers.
- Establish standards & templates financial system for Delivery function to enable systematic & consistent data collection, and generation of analysis reports.
- Support month-end reporting in terms of POC method, utilization, factory loading, ad hoc reporting and CQA support. Ensure project compliance with systems policies and procedures (like GDO procedure, DOA) as well as application of business and system processes (SAP).
- Take active part of Project Controller community sharing lessons learned and best practices.
- University and/or Business School: Master’s degree or equivalent
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya
- 8-10 years, Finance, Control, or Audit experience in large and/or multinational companies
- Proficient in SAP, BW & Excel skills.
- Prior experience of project controlling is a Must.
- Exposure to manufacturing processes/projects would be needed.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online