Job Vacancy: Security & Environment Manager
- Advise top leadership, managers and general staff on current security situation, including criminality in the country and ensuring that standards are maintained consistently with actual or potential threat level.
- Develop the capabilities and expertise, especially security management systems of the security team.
- Proactively provide commercial and pragmatic security advice and solutions for the markets, including working with our client management to set policy and standards and manage security programmes.
- Work with the business and other internal stakeholders such as the HR, Sales and Marketing teams on relevant matters affecting the markets including compliance & ethics and counterfeit issues.
- Proactively lead security initiatives and draw in and coordinate other necessary contributors.
- To build up an effective internal and external (law enforcement, government and elsewhere) network of contacts to assist with the protection of our client business and support law enforcement as required – this includes high-level decision making on security emergencies.
- Protecting company employees, assets, brands, reputation and business operations/activities from actual or potential security threats.
- Preparing high quality reports including intelligence briefing, threats assessments and investigative reports;
- Having a comprehensive understanding of all the businesses and the risks they face and producing a resultant security risk assessment;
- Providing strong leadership to the security function and maintaining close links with our client Leadership Team.
- Communicating the risks to our client Leadership team and providing appropriate advice;
- Creating, and driving proactive security programmes, with stakeholders, to ensure the continued safe and effective operations of the company;
- Ensuring the physical security of all facilities and personnel including conducting security vulnerability assessments;
- Overseeing operations of ETP and pest control services.
- Contributing to the global response to crisis and other significant events;
- Establishing and maintaining close liaison with relevant law enforcement and government officials;
- Establishing training and security awareness for employees – third party providers – and providing professional security advice and consultation to corporate management.
- An honors Bachelor’s degree and Kenyan citizen
- Relevant training and experience in security, safety and environment management.
- Good knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 standards
- Good knowledge of the commercial security field including, experience in threat analysis, Physical, people & travel security and developing risk analysis; experience in evaluating and implementing physical asset protection and conducting site surveys and awareness of executive protection
- Good knowledge of the conducting and managing complex investigations, i.e. fraud allegations and civil investigations; conducting witness, victim, and suspect interviews experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Be able to prepare documentation for corporate leadership or governmental agencies;
- Ability to work confidently, persuasively and to gain the respect and trust of other senior managers;
- Flexible attitude to travel
- At least 1 year management experience in manufacturing Industry
- Prior experience is required in military, government agency, law enforcement or as a corporate security professional. Minimum requirement is Captain in military or Inspector of police.
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to email@example.com by 12th April 2018 clearly indicating the job title as the subject head.