Our client a clearing and forwarding company is looking to fill the position of Senior Accountant.
- Liaise with banks and ensure daily completion of Bank Reconciliations.
- Assist with cash planning.
- Ensure Tax compliance by remitting all tax payments and returns as required.
- Maintain fixed assets register.
- Analysis and understanding of direct cost.
- Review and analyze the general ledger, financial statements and prepare appropriate accrual and adjusting journal entries in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in the month end, quarter end, and year end closing processes.
- Assist in the allocation of various expenses across business lines.
- Assist in the compilation of information for the overall Company year-end audit
- Coordinate with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable departments to ensure proper accounting.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the CFO’s attention
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the accounting department
- Collaborate with other finance department staff to support overall departmental goals and objectives
- Special projects as assigned by management
- Leadership and Mentorship
- Graduate (Business course, Finance or Accounting)
- 5 Years Progressive work Experience in a busy work Environment (Manufacturing/Retail/Freight & Forwarding Preferably)
Experience in: –
- Tax computations, returns and compliance
- Banks reconciliations and relationships
- Payables management.
- Payroll processing
- General Ledger reconciliations
- Basic reporting skills
- ERP Experience
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite. Advance Excel skills required
- Must have excellent organizational skills, the ability to complete tasks to deadlines and to work outside of normal office hours at month.
- Ability to prioritize, juggle tasks and use initiative during demanding periods to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded and paid in a timely manner
- Mature, strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time-to-time.
If you qualify for the above role, kindly send your detailed cv to email@example.com on or before 30th April 2018.