Job Vacancy: Site IT Support Technician
Sheer logic is seeking a senior-level IT Technician to provide site support. The position reports to the Africa Site IT Coordinator.
This position is responsible for working directly with site users to provide PC services (deployment, repair, upgrade), end user software services (Window, iOS, Mac), SmartHands services (network equipment, server room equipment, rack and stack) and facility services (mobile phones, iPads, UPS, A/V).
Expertise in general workstation technologies required for Windows, MacBook and Mobile devices, including iOS and Android, Microsoft Office, deployment software, anti-virus and encryption software, basic networking skills, Remedy/Service now skills, PC deployment and repair skills.
The position requires interaction with other backend IT teams and service providers, such as the remote Digital Service Center (DSC) team, Infrastructure team, Application team and Workplace Services team.
This position requires a very high degree of professionalism, executive presence, a passion for working with end users, customer centricity, teamwork, communication, coordination and top tier technical aptitude are a combination of skill that the candidate must already possess and leverage daily. Problem ownership from start to finish, with resolution tracking through other teams, is vital.
The role will be located at the designated site with added responsibility for other sites in the vicinity. Scheduled or on-demand site visits may be necessary for servicing other sites.
The person is a direct customer interface for our sites to receive seamless support services with the goal of providing the best customer experience possible and, thereby, improving overall IT customer satisfaction.
- Monitor and update Help Desk incident and work order tickets in Remedy within Service Level Agreements.
- Provide PC services including imaging, re-core, deployment, repair, upgrade and asset management.
- Provide end user software services for Windows, iOS, Mac, Android
- Provide dispatch service to remote users or sites (service end user at their location)
- Provide on-site support for network, server, hardware upgrades or projects at site
- Manage and report inventory at the site (Server room equipment, PC, accessories, mobiles, tablets etc.)
- Liaison with facility service providers for maintenance of A/V, UPS and Printers
- Deliver prepared training to users at sites for new equipment and software
- Ability to travel to remote sites as needed (scheduled or on-demand). Must have clean, full valid driving license.
- Ability to work off hours if needed
- Must have both outstanding verbal and written English communications skills.
- PC Hardware, peripheral, mobile devices, printer, networking and support experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of system management services (i.e. Altiris, MS SMS)
- Client focus: Identifies and satisfies the needs of external and internal clients. Continually pursues ways to provide value-added solutions. Builds relationships and trust with clients.
- Results orientation: Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles. Balances the big picture with day-to-day activities/issues for their technology. Persistent in the pursuit of results.
- Communications: Creates an environment that fosters open, frank communications. Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing. Listens carefully, solicits other opinions. Handles questions well in highly visible, challenging situations.
- Team Orientation: Works cooperatively with others. Encourages participation. Values the contribution of all team members.
- Problem solving: Makes sound, timely decisions. Evaluates short and long term impact of decisions. Demonstrates good judgment and confidence to select appropriate approach and take full responsibility for end results.
Qualifications & Certifications
- ITIL Foundation (Required)
- Microsoft Certified Professional and MCSA Windows 10 (Required)
- HDI Desktop Support Technician OR CompTIA A+ Certification (Required)
- CompTIA Network+ Certification (Preferred)
- Completion of Lenovo Warranty Service Authorization Course
- Microsoft Windows Operating systems, messaging, and email products including Outlook and O365.
- Microsoft’s Active Directory, Remote Desktop services, and remote assistance tools
How to Apply
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st April 2018
Site IT Support Technician
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
Recruitment Services Firm
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||