Job Vacancy: IT Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Travel requirement: 20% (Locally)
Company Profile: SolarKiosk is an award winning company conducting sustainable energy and retail business in developing countries. It is based in Berlin (Germany) and currently has six subsidiaries in Africa and projects in ten countries in Africa/Asia/Americas.
Flat hierarchies, a high degree of personal responsibility, quick decision-making, cordial teamwork and a dynamic and innovative business environment characterize our company.
For our Kenyan subsidiary, we are looking for a highly motivated IT Officer to responsible for the formulation of an IT plan for the company and its implementation, utilizing the available resources, in order to maintain/provide efficient computer information systems and services, and to improve work effectiveness and productivity, consistent with the goals, objectives and strategy of the company.
It will involve installing hardware and software, networking and design and database management based on IT requirements and aligned strategies.
He/She will work together with a global team in order to define new or improve further Solar Kiosk IT systems and processes.
He/She will also be involved in POS installation and maintenance ensuring full time connection through out, ensure all reports from the system are captured promptly, address any network issues that may rise from time to time.
- Administer desktop, computers, printers, switches, firewalls, office phone, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates for Solar Kiosk. Ensure all IT related equipments are stable, reliable and fully operational. Ensure all user configurations on PCs are according to the IT Policy.
- Maintain a log file for all Solar kiosk hardware and software.
- Manage and maintain all software drives. Ensure all software is licensed and proper upgrades done.
- In liaison with the procurement department assist in selection, acquiring setup and allocation of all computer systems by providing technical advice and support.
- Perform continuous inspection and maintenance of all hardware and software.
- Perform IT Training to all staff members and operators
- Keep system operation documentation, train and help users make maximum use of documentation for better productivity.
- Perform telephone configuration.
- Ensure Internet is always connected and payments are made on time.
- Ensure all employees are set up on email, Microsoft outlook and they are trained on email etiquette including signatures.
- Manage all POS issues including full time connections, reporting, addition and removal of products basically the back office support.
- Establish appropriate operational procedures, tools and resources for effective and timely delivery of technical support to all users.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by Solar Kiosk staff or operators.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades on both software and hardware.
- Support Servers, LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users. Administering LAN /WAN security, antivirus and spam control measures.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Enforcement of all network policies and procedures
- Management of all active and non-active network components, routers, switches, firewall, hubs, modems etc.
- Providing reports regarding network system performance, utilization and compliance. Analyze system malfunctions or technical problems and directing appropriate resolution to ensure uninterrupted operation;
- Establishing and maintaining backup for Solar Kiosk data. In consultation with management Carryout monthly scheduled backup.
Educational and Professional Requirements
- Completed secondary education with a preferred KCSE result of C plain or better OR A – Level equivalent.
- Very good Knowledge in Installation, Configuration, Networking and Troubleshooting of linux/windows based operating systems
- Experiences in the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge and experience in databases (preferred MariaDB and postgres).
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in English and Swahili
- Driving license
- 3+ years work experience in IT.
- Experience working with Routers, switches, cabling and other essential network hardware.
- Strong technical skill/knowledge of point of sale terminal, Web-based application hosting and internet protocols.
- Hardware troubleshooting & maintenance.
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot & enhancing the core LAN/WAN network, security and voice infrastructure comprising of routers, switches, Video Conference, Teleconference and PABX.
If your qualifications match the above profile, you can identify with our vision and you are excited about this challenging position, we look forward to receiving your application.
It should include:
- A cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates and references
- Salary expectations and earliest possible starting date
Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications should be received by 27th April 2018 the above position is quite urgent and applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Regret: Due to the high number of applications anticipated we may not be able to respond back to all and so we highly regret that if by 20th May 2018 you will not have heard from us please consider your application not successful however we shall reserve your resume in our database.
Please note that we cannot consider incomplete applications or applications sent by post.
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||