Startimes Media Kenya
Job Title: Sales Administrator
Reports To: VP Sales
Location: Nairobi HQ
Job Objective: To support VP Sales, Regional Sales Managers, Key Account Managers and Dealer Sales Representatives by administering the sales information system and provide all other administration services for the sales department and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide positive professional leadership and effective management to all Business Hall Staff in their Region
- Provide secretarial assistance to VP Sales, Regional Sales Managers, Key Account Managers and Dealer Sales Representatives by producing letters, memos, reports, spreadsheets, filing; and general administration for the sales department.
- Record/input sales orders, cancellations, exchanges, targets and achievements, and legal completions onto the sales information system, along with sales contracts, full distributor details, details/choices and produce/post relevant letters and statements.
- Ensure the sales extraction sheets are completed and kept up to date on a weekly basis.
- Produce and maintain files, copies and provide necessary sales information when needed by supporting departments.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports for the management team.
- Produce/amend standard forms for use by the sales team or for internal product sales to staff..
- Ensure safe keeping of all documentation in office. Keep stock and order materials and stationery used by all the sales team, and order uniforms/badges for sales staff.
- Liaise daily with legal department, finance department and Human Resource Department regarding payments for stock collected by staff and balancing and closing of staff sales accounts.
- Administer in the organization of sales events or clients interactions.
- Take telephone enquiries from prospective dealers and distributors regarding sales processes and ensure the right information is delivered to them.
- Maintain a clear record of all dealers and distributors including their location, contacts, sales transactions, payments and credits.
- Calculate sales commissions, payments to outsourced sales promotion companies and other significant payments to be paid out.
- Communicate to sales staff on behalf of the VP Sales.
- At all times comply with company polies, regulations and procedures.
- Any other duties as given by Supervisors.
- Bachelor Degree from accredited university.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Sales Administration in a similarly large enterprise will be an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS office packages (most especially MS Excel and Word)
Skills and Competencies:
- Self-disciplined individual with managerial capabilities.
- Ready to work long hours when occasionally required to do so.
- Capable of travelling when required to.
- Have strong interest in digital television technology.
- Hard working, good attitude, strong sense of responsibility, and enthusiasm for work performed.
- High sense of professionalism in conduct
- Heightened strategic awareness
- Good people skills and experience in building teams.
- Able to multitask and work under pressure
- Good problem solving skills and ability to take initiative.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s quoting relevant skills and experience to email@example.com.
Kindly include: Names of three referees and a daytime telephone contact.
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.