Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1.
Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project seeks a candidate for the USAID-funded PMI VectorLink Kenya Project in the following position:-
Supply Chain Coordinator
Duty Station / Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Under the supervision of PMI VectorLink Kenya’s Operations Manager, the Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for the inventory management, logistics functions, and overall IRS supply chain coordination.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide support, leadership, and management of IRS supply chain at County level in collaboration with CHMTs.
- Management of the project’s inventory control system, including storage, quality control, inventory record keeping, and inventory reporting.
- Oversees storage, distribution, and transport of IRS commodities and equipment throughout the project implementation area.
- Supervises and supports seasonal Warehouse and Store Managers, and organizes capacity-building interventions to elevate their skills.
- Manages the logistics for all project activities, including spray operations, entomological activities, community mobilization, events such as workshops and meetings etc.
- In collaboration with the Operations Manager:
- Ensures health and safety measures are in place and followed at all store and spraying locations.
- Ensures timely collection and transportation of contaminated, non contaminated and obsolete IRS wastes from the opertation sites stores to their respective disposal facilities. Helps to train drivers, Washers and warehouse managers on environmental compliance issues.
- Working in close collaboration with the Operations Manager, supports all aspects of an IRS campaign including procurement, commodity distribution, supervision, environmental compliance, Community mobilization and M&E.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Minimum diploma certificate in Logistics, Business, Management, Administration, or other relevant field. Bachelors Degree in above courses is highly desirable
- At least four (4) years of relevant professional experience, with significant experience in the Supply chain, logistics and management of commodities.
- Demonstrated experience in warehouse/stores management.
- Excellent management, supervisory, organizational, computer, and writing skills.
- Previous experience in IRS or other malaria vector control efforts a plus.
- Fluency in English required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to VectorControl_Kenya@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “County Coordinator” by COB Friday, May 11th, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.