These jobs are only open to Kenyan Citizens
Swissport is an international organisation that provides ground handling services for around 118 million passengers and 3.5 million tonnes of cargo a year on behalf of some 650 client-companies in the aviation sector.
Swissport is active at 192 airports in 38 countries on 5 continents. Swissport Kenya Limited is recruiting for the following position based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Do you believe you have what it takes to lead a team in maintaining aviation security standards? Applications are invited from candidates to fill the above position in the Security Department.
The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring that security standards are upheld without compromising on quality, safety and service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff engagement – provide direction and guidance to a team pre, during and post flight towards achieving operational excellence.
- Ensure strict compliance with all security standards and procedures of Swissport and its customer airlines in line with the National Civil Aviation Security Program (NCASP).
- Institute investigations by collecting and compiling all details / data for effective documentation, reporting and closure of a case as soon as an incident / accident occurs in GH.
- Develop and foster good relations with customers, authorities and industry stakeholders.
- Provision of excellent customer service through various customer touch points i.e. face to face, email and telephone interactions.
- Team management and resource planning through effective duty allocations in line with agreed SLA’s.
- Ensure implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure proper reporting of shift operations to the Manager, Security Services & / Or Duty Manager Operations.
- Ensure proper documentation has been generated, checked and confirmed for escort of loads (Baggage & cargo) between points.
- Provide guidance, coaching and operational advice to security agents.
- Develop security agents roster and present timely reports
- Observe health & safety measures to ensure and maintain safe working conditions.
- Education: KCSE Mean C, ICAO /Aviation security courses and computer proficiency.
- Professional Experience: Aviation Security industry experience preferred/Management course/Ex-NYS.
- Experience: At least 2 years in a busy operational environment.
- Proven track record in managing teams.
- Excellent communications skills.
Application letter and CV for the above position should be forwarded via email at NBO.Recruitment@swissport.com to:
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501 Nairobi.
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Be part of the team that brings Swiss time to African soil!
Closing Date: April 29, 2018