Turkana Agro-Pastoralist Development Organization (TADO Group)
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Introduction: Turkana Agro-Pastoralist Development Organization (TADO), a local CBO implements sustainable community driven projects in food security.
TADO has received support from United States Africa Development Foundation (USADF) for expansion of their irrigation farm in effort to reduce poverty, increase employment and promote food security and works in consultation with CEZAM and associates in implementation.
TADO procurement committee now invites bids for the following works from suitably qualified companies.
The scope of work required will be in 3 lots:
Lot 1: Borehole Equipping and related works;
Lot 2: Fabrication and erecting tank platform, Fencing and Ploughing of 8 acres;
Lot 3: Installation of 3 acre Drip Irrigation Systems (DIS);
Mandatory site visits and issue of tender documents will happen on 20th April 2018 beginning at 9.00 am). Bidders will be required to have formal and valid email addresses where tender documents will be sent.
The costs of visiting the Site shall be borne by the bidders. Any foreign bidder must send a local representative to the mandatory site visit on their behalf.
TADO Group office is located at Lokichoggio Trading Centre (Turkana County) located off Lokichoggio-Lopiding Road along Lodwar-Juba highway within Camp North hotel compound. It is open during working hours (8.00a.m. – 5.00 pm, Mon-Fri).
There are low levels of literacy among TADO members that will require lots of translation to enhance communication and understanding. Use of Kiswahili language is highly recommended.
Completed tender documents written in English are to be sent by EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before Monday, 30th April 2018 at 5.00pm.
THE DETAILS OF THE SCOPE OF WORK WILL INVOLVE THE FOLLOWING:
Lot I :
- Supply, install solar pumping system including solar pump, solar support structure and related plumbing to the tanks and piping to the old tank;
- Fabricate a steel water tank platform to carry two 10,000L kentank tanks;
- Fencing of the 8 acres farm with chain link and 2” angle lines all necessary civil works including a farm gate;
- Bush clearing and ploughing of 8 acres;
- Supply and install all related drip irrigation system on 3 acres farm and 4 tunnels, laying of mains and lateral pipes and installation of air release valve, filters and water connection and from the tank to the farm;
- Rehabilitate the existing 5 acres pipe network to cover the entire area;
- Fabricate tank plat form to carry four 2,500L tanks and Install 8m x 15m x 4m tunnels complete with shade nets;
- Train personnel and block leaders to operate, troubleshoot on basic repair and maintenance of the irrigation systems;
TADO invites eligible firms to submit complete IFBs to provide the above mentioned services.
Eligible bidders MUST meet the following minimum requirements and must provide information as indication that they are qualified to perform the tasks.
Bids from reputable firms should meet the following minimum requirements:-
i. Certificate of Incorporation as a company;
ii. Valid Business permit;
iii. A copy of registration certificate with the National Construction Authority (NCA) from class NCA 6 and above;
iv. A copy of valid Tax Compliance certificate and PIN;
v. Evidence and previous work of similar nature, valid full telephone contacts of clients served with similar works(clients will be contacted);
vi. Experience of competent and qualified personnel for specific type of works of a similar nature, magnitude and complexity (attach copies of CVs and certificates of the staff who will be employed if the tender is successful);
vii. The IFBs for each of the Lot quoted should be clearly separated as A technical and B financial proposal ;
viii. Acceptance to receive payments in tranches
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||