Job Vacancy: Executive Sous Chef
Unit: Tamarind Tree Hotel – Nairobi
Job posting: 5th April 2018
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role.
- Assist the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation and culinary activities.
- Leading, managing, and training of BOH kitchen team.
- Develop formal training plans and conducts on the job training sessions for kitchen staff team members.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef, create, implement, and drive initiatives for the Kitchen Team.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef modify menus or create new ones in keeping with industry and customer trends.
- Assist the Executive Chef to estimate food requirements and manage food and labour costs, control overtime, and limit waste.
- Assist the Executive Chef assess current financial trends impacting food &beverage and create cost saving initiatives.
- Assist the Executive Chef to perform bi-annual staff appraisals as per TTH guidelines
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings and ensure active participation from all team members.
- Ensure that all F&B service associated are familiar with all menu items from hand provides items for tasting by service associates as per established policy.
- Assist the Executive Chef arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Active and positive participation in rectifying arising problems or complaints related to F&B.
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time
Who Are You?
Required Skills and Competencies:
- BS degree in Culinary Science or related certificate in culinary training degree.
- Certificates in Fire Safety and First Aid.
- A minimum of 3 years’ food preparation experience, preferably in a high volume, luxury hotel / restaurant environment.
- 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role within a high level culinary establishment. Previous catering experience.
- Excellent English verbal and written skills.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills.
- Must be able to follow budgetary guidelines.
- Be tech savvy and have a working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
- Customer service oriented with a positive can do attitude.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com
The application deadline is 12th April 2018
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For any further questions about this vacancy, visit our website at www.Tamarind.co.ke.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org