Terre des hommes
Category: Team member
Job title: Intern Data Operator
Location: Korogocho, Nairobi
Contract duration: 3 months
Reports to: Assistant Social Workers and Data clerk
Position grade: Intern
Working time (%): 100%
General job description: The intern – Data Operator provides support to the case management team in data entry, analysis and saving of all the data collected in the field. The intern also helps collect data in the field (by filling in forms, collecting data from registers and performing interviews) if requested by his/her direct supervisor to support monitoring activities.
- Enters data provided by the project teams using the provided system
- Helps teams process collected data (by cleaning data, performing initial calculations etc.) in line with instructions from his/her supervisor.
- Archives and saves data in conformity with data confidentiality and security rules
- Supplies data as requested by the project teams
- Helps in data collection in the field as required by his/her supervisor.
- Provides any reports required by his/her immediate superior.
- Ensures ethical principles related to M&E are respected, especially those concerning gender equality, fairness and “do no harm”. Protects confidential data, applies the principles of informed consent, and protects children during the collection, processing, analysis and use of M&E data.
Security and Child Safeguarding Policy
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations.
- Reports any security/safety incident and/or risk to the Child Protection Senior Officer / Child Protection Project Manager
- Commit to respect the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Report serious cases of abuse on children to the Child Protection Project Manager. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
Competencies: This position requires Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC) and Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC)
- Strong sense of personal integrity
- Ability to multitask
- Discipline and precision
- Team spirit: ability to work closely with colleagues
- Flexibility, openness and adaptability
Other professional skills required:
- Good computer skills, especially Excel
- Data entry experience
- Previous experience with data software tools CPIMS, Stata, SPSS, EpiData, QGIS, etc
Only candidates that fit the requirements above are invited to submit a covering letter, CV, references, and copies of academic and professional certificates (if requirements are not met or application is incomplete, the application will not be considered).
The Application can be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly indicate the position on the subject line of the e-mail – only applications which will have complied with this request will be shortlisted.
Closing date for these positions is 3rd May, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and oral interview
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer.
Intern Data Operator
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
Terre des hommes (Tdh)
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Korogocho, Nairobi, Kenya