Vacant Position: Technical Assistant
Job Ref: EHC/1084/18
The Role: To combine knowledge of mechanical technology with knowledge of electrical and electronic circuits. The person will install, troubleshoot, repair and upgrade electronic and mechanical systems in a floriculture environment.
- Read blueprints, schematics and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment
- Verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring instruments, to ensure that specifications are met
- Operate metalworking machines in the production and advise on maintenance of the same
- Repair and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies
- Test the performance of electro-mechanical assemblies, using test instruments
- Install electronic parts and hardware, using soldering equipment and hand tools
- Test and operate machines in the workshops and worksites.
- Analyze and record test results, prepare written documentation to describe the tests and the test results.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree or HND in mechanical, electrical engineering
- At least 5 years working experience in Agricultural sector with an emphasis in flower farming.
- Excellent planning and supervisory skills
- Computer savvy with knowledge of basic processes
- Must make and keep the precise, accurate measurements as would be needed.
- Must be able to use hand tools and soldering irons on small circuitry and electronic parts to create detailed electronic components by hand.
- Must be able to take instructions and offer advice when needed, and to coordinate their work with others.
- Must be able to think logically to carry out designs, inspect designs for quality control and assemble prototypes
- Must be able to read instructions and follow a logical sequence or a specific set of rules.
- Must have mathematic skills for analysis, design and troubleshooting in the work.
- Mechanical skills to apply theory and instructions of engineers by creating or building new components for industrial machinery or equipment.
- Must be adept at operating machinery, including drill presses, grinders and engine lathes.
- Ability to write reports clearly on onsite construction, the results of testing or problems found when carrying out designs
- Must be licensed, certified or registered by the relevant professional body.
- Must demonstrate professional competence in the role.
To apply for this position, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th May, 2018 quoting the position in the subject line, current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted