Exciting Career Opportunity for NOC Manager with a Leading Telecommunications Firm…
Our client, a Leading Telecommunications Firm with operations in East Africa, seeks to recruit talented, dynamic and result-oriented professionals to fill the above position.
The incumbent will work closely with Maintenance Engineers, NOC Engineers, Customer Service Project Manager, and Procurement Officers.
The job holder will be responsible for supervising a group of NOC personnel and technicians and will be expected to drive resolution of high-severity outages impacting the Network infrastructure.
The job will entail working beyond normal ours and requires one to be on call 24/7 and will involve close interface with the customer in regard to quality and SLA matters.
- Oversee day-to-day NOC operations, escalations, ticketing and communication;
- Staff management including staff appraisals, staff development recruitment and disciplinary issues;
- Supervise a 24x7x365 Network Operation Centre’s (NOC) shift operations and personnel;
- Lead recovery team for Network Outages and prepare post-mortem root-cause-analysis;
- Further develop process and procedures within the NOC;
- Train, mentor and develop Level 1 / Level 2 technicians as well as the NOC Assistants;
- Oversee day-to-day NOC operations, escalations, ticketing and communications with all customers;
- Proactive communication on network health, impacts, executive escalations, and other critical analysis to Management and key stakeholders;
- Customer SLA management and reporting;
- Manage the troubleshooting of major issues with NOC monitoring tools.
- Coordinate efforts to identify root cause and recommend solutions.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within the NOC and Enterprise; recommend prioritized enhancements and oversee implementation.
- Generate key reports for management including but not limited to: system availability, service level agreements, and ticket resolution and customer issues.
- Work alongside and ensure mentoring of NOC personnel is occurring to ensure all staff is acquiring the necessary skill sets to perform their job functions and meet departmental and individual goals
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Telecommunications; Have a minimum of (3) three years progressive experience in a Network Operations Centre; demonstrable knowledge in Telecom Network operations and maintenance and Fibre Networks operations and maintenance, Contract and Contractor management
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application details at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13th April 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.