Position: Risk Manager
Reporting to: Head of Internal Audit
Department: Internal Audit.
Role Purpose: To develop an efficient risk management program that is engrained in all aspects of the Telkom’s culture. This will include communicating value by transforming actions into financial or other performance terms that the Executive Management can incorporate into strategic decisions. Should therefore be able to communicate risk in ways that Telkom measures success and value.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishment of Key Risk Indicators that assist the company in meeting its organization-wide KPIs, and measuring the KRIs
- Training of Executive Management, Management Forum and Risk Champions on Enterprise Risk Management
- Completion of company-wide risk assessment and implementation of Risk & Control Self-Assessment in all departments
- Preparation of Quarterly Risk Reports (ERM Activity Reports and Risk Analysis Reports) for Executive Management and the Board
- Facilitating risk forums and training sessions for senior management and selected staff to ensure staff are on the same page and continuously update their risks
- Developing a unified and integrated approach to risk management
- Understanding Telkom’s strategy in order to identify risks to the strategy
- Effectively communicating risk response activities in a manner that Executive Management will understand
- Building risk dialogue into Telkom’s culture, and educating management on risk issues
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Risk Management, Internal Audit or a related field from a recognized Institution.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Risk Management, Internal Auditing, Compliance and Governance or 6-8 years in External Auditing (Big 4 experience will be a plus)
- Unique Skills: ERM Implementation
Professional Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Strong risk and controls focus and ability to apply laws, regulations and policies appropriately to meet both the compliance obligations and business objectives;
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 2nd May 2018 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.