Vacant Position: Senior Accountant
Reporting to: Head of Credit and Collections
Department: Finance Department
Role Purpose: The job holder will be required to oversee execution of credit control collection strategies, procedures and supervise a team accountants.
He/she will be responsible achieving set collection targets, championing improvement of cross functional processes by involving various business units, managing credit and default risk exposure by analyzing customers’ information and applying best business practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise a team of accountants on debtor’s follow-up via emails, telephone and visits & ensure set monthly collection targets are achieved.
- Ensure that dunning actions (disconnections, reconnections and cessations) are adhered for all assigned list of customers
- Undertake timely resolution of disputes raised by customers, ensure that all disputed amounts are fully supported and where credit notes are to be issued ensure they are timely processed through the system.
- Ensure that team performs various debtors’ reconciliations to ensure balance outstanding is well supported and acknowledged by customers through sign off.
- Lead & negotiate with customers on settlement plans and payment proposals, evaluate and track their commitments to settle debts.
- Follow up customers for timely submission of payment /VAT allocation schedules for receipting of payments.
- Ensure that delinquent accounts are well reconciled before hand over to private debt collectors (PDC’s). Recommend and track debt recovery through legal process.
- Participate in preparation of proposed bad debts write off for approval by management.
- Participate in effective vetting of customers applications to minimize credit risks; ensuring compliance to various vetting requirements and advising, key account managers and customers where requirements have not been met.
- Participate in the preparation of various monthly debtors’ reports and managements report
Academic / Professional Qualifications:
- Relevant accounting / finance degree.
- Professional certification ( CPA, ACCA, CIMA)
- 6+ years’ experience in supervising collection team in FMCG or banking.
- Good Knowledge on debt collection and credit management practices.
- Planning, negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and team management abilities
- Passion for debt collection.
- Ability to manage relationship and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Hands-on experience with accounting applications and excels
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 11th May 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.