Vacant Position: Senior Engineer Optimization
Reporting to: Manager- RAN P&O
Role Purpose: This role seeks to recruit a Senior Radio Network Engineer Responsible for Radio Network Optimisation of the Radio Access Network of 2G, 3G and 4G Networks. Directly and actively drive major network optimisation campaigns with aim to realise major improvements in overall Network quality of service
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyse the GSM/WCDMA/HSPA/LTE Radio Network Statistics on daily basis. Achieve & maintain the Radio Network Performance as per the contracted OSS KPIs (Accessibility, Availability, Retainability, Mobility & Service Integrity) within company set thresholds.
- Respond to all Customer complaints within stipulated SLA. Address Coverage and capacity complaints from customer by providing implementable solutions and ensuring closure as per SLA.
- Continuously conduct consistency checks on radio parameters for 2G/3G/4G and daily execute corrections with the RNO guidelines.
- Analyse Drive test reports including benchmarking reports and implement optimization recommendations suggested. Identify pockets of poor network quality RXQUAL, MOS and suggest resolutions for clearing interference and KPI degradations. Confirm cell performance by comparing Netnumen/U2000 alarms and configurations.
- Execute Network dimensioning tasks to address capacity and coverage requirements by optimally Optimizing network interfaces and nodes to cater for 2G/3G/LTE voice and data traffic. This will include TRX additions, 3G upgrades, CE expansions, Power optimization, BSC/RNC board capacity utilizations/dimensioning.
- Explore options and Maintain 4G Throughput above 15 Mbps; 3G Throughput above 2.4 Mbps and allocate DPDCH and FPDCH to cells to achieve appreciable 2G Throughput.
- Practise efficient cost management practise by suggesting optimization solutions that are within budgets.
- Preparation of RFP/RFQ documentation as assigned by Manager and participate in Technical evaluations for the same. Guide management in cost optimization during procurement of Radio Network Optimization equipment’s/Tools and advise on best sourcing options with shorter lead-times.
- Maintain the Call Setup Time to CST<8seconds in coordination with Core Network Team; Work with Core Network Team to ensure that Paging success rate(PSR) at Network Busy Hour >90%; Work with Core Network Team to ensure that Location Area Update Success rates(LAU-SR) at Network Busy Hour >90%
- Monitor and Maintain Half-rate Utilization below < 30%; Monitor and improve on PDSCH/PUSCH Utilizations.
- Suggest Coverage ad Capacity sites to Network planning/Design Team to be included in the rollout plans.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Telecommunication, ICT or related course
- At least 5 years’ experience in RAN Network planning and Optimization 2 of which should be directly with ZTE and/or Huawei.
- Advanced certifications in IT/Telecom related courses
Professional Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have worked with ZTE/Huawei RAN Equipment
- Proven experience in the use of U2000/PRS/NETNUMEN/MAPINFO/ACTIX /NEMO
- Thorough knowledge on RAN Features/Roadmaps/equipment lifecycles
- Experience in working in a multi-vendor RAN Network environment
- Excellent manipulation of excel and using VBA will be an added advantage
- Certification in project management will be an added advantage.
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 15th April 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through email@example.com and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Senior Engineer Optimization
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Vacant Position: Senior Engineer Optimization
Role Purpose: This role seeks to recruit a Senior Radio Network Engineer Responsible for Radio Network Optimisation of the Radio Access Network of 2G, 3G and 4G Networks. Directly and actively drive major network optimisation campaigns with aim to realise major improvements in overall Network quality of servicewww.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.
Nairobi, Kenya, -1.2920659, 36.82194619999996