Vacant Position: Software Developer
Region: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: Senior Manager MFS Technical
Department: Technology Division
Role Purpose: The incumbent will be responsible for the delivery of software solutions via application of business analysis and software engineering methodologies. This is a key role in the overall execution of the Technology strategy and will require a keen eye for detail and problem solving skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation.
- Identifying and evaluating options for improving business systems.
- Automation of complex, manual and error-prone processes.
- Solution design that not only takes into account concepts such as abstraction and modularity but also considers aspects such as maintainability, reusability, performance, security and scalability.
- Software development in accordance with the company’s guidelines and standards along with international best practice to consistently deliver high quality solutions.
- Managing the packaging, testing and deployment of internally developed solutions.
- Documentation of the design, test plans, manuals as well as any other artifacts that help describe the function, architecture, and design of the solution.
- Providing operational support that will involve monitoring system performance, making defect repairs, testing the application after any changes are made, and tuning.
- Participating in team activities such as peer code reviews to improve the overall quality of team deliverables.
- Working collaboratively in cross functional teams to deliver solutions.
- Managing and supporting 3rd party software developers and other integration partners both internal and external.
- Research and development of new features, solutions & technologies.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related technical field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the design and development of high performance transactional systems.
- Proficient in Java Software Development
- Experience with Unix/Linux scripting languages
- Experience with server-side scripting using PHP/Ruby/Server-side JS
- Working knowledge of the Linux Operating System
- Experience with Relational Database Management systems
- Strong sense for UI and UX
- Familiarity with the Agile Software Development Methodology
- Planning ,organizing and pro-active approach
- Team-work, communication and co-operation
- Self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
- Customer focused ,Team player, Efficient and results oriented
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to meet 24/7 business requirements
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you are up to the challenge & fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 20th April 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom is an equal opportunity employer
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Nairobi, Kenya, -1.2920659, 36.82194619999996