Vacant Position: Technical Project Manager
Region: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: Chief Technology & Information Officer
Department: Technology Division
Role Purpose: The incumbent will play a critical role in managing a portfolio of technology projects that will include both infrastructure and software deployments. She/he will need to understand key activities, deliverables, timescales and resources necessary to deliver projects on time and within budget.
She/he will also manage resources assigned to fulfil those requirements using recommended implementation methodologies, lead implementation planning, control project plans and overall execution.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Manage delivery schedules and budgets to ensure project delivery is on time, within scope and in budget
- Use of standard project methodology and tools to track progress against deliverables
- Lead and manage project and resource schedules
- Manage third party and specialist resources assigned to projects
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks that may impact projects
- Use of appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Enforce quality gates in all the projects and programs within the domain
- Relationship management with clients and key stakeholders
- Prepare sound communication plans and manage information dissemination
- Communicate project activities including progress, budget, risks and issues to relevant stakeholders as defined by the communication plan
- Complete weekly status reports and steering committee presentations
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation throughout the project
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, Telecommunications or other related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Must be a fully qualified and accredited project manager
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in managing projects with experience of managing complex technical systems such as billing platforms, ERP, CRM etc.
Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with clearly demonstrated methodologies to keep project teams and stakeholders well informed.
- Commercial awareness and excellent negotiation skills
- Strong MS Office skills including Microsoft project.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Any experience in the following areas is a plus:
o Business Process analysis/modelling
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you are up to the challenge & fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 20th April 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through email@example.com and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom is an equal opportunity employer
Technical Project Manager
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Nairobi, Kenya, -1.2920659, 36.82194619999996