Tenwek Hospital a Ministry of the Africa Gospel Church is a Faith-Based National Tertiary Teaching and Referral Hospital Level 6B with a bed capacity of 300 offering a wide -range of quality, affordable primary and specialized healthcare services. It has a staff population of 800 and is situated in Bomet County.
The hospital runs a College of Health Sciences.
The hospital seeks to fill in the following vacancy:
Purpose: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the job holder will manage and coordinate the hospital finance function, ensure compliance with statutory, finance and accounting policies, business controls, budget process, procedures and reporting to ensure that finance integrity and fiscal health of Tenwek Hospital and its institutions is maintained.
Advise management on financial implications to enable them to develop and execute effective plans and take informed decisions.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for Finance Strategy development and policy formulation and ensuring all approved Financial management policies and procedures are implemented.
- Jointly with other members of the management committee, oversee the implementation of the Board policies and directives regarding financial management of the Hospital
- Develop performance financial measures that support the hospital strategy/direction
- Ensure hospital partners’ accounts are properly maintained, and reports prepared and submitted in a timely manner and in the agreed formats as may be required
- Prepare and submit financial reports & statements and provide advice to the Board on its implications.
- Maintain inventory control of all financial assets of the hospital and its institution
- Provide periodic cost benefit analysis
- Prepare hospital & its institutions operational and capital expenditure budget for consideration and approval. Ensuring strategic plan components are factored into the Capex budget.
- Manage hospital banking/cash transaction including cash-flow management.
- Co-ordinate all compliance audits, by Kenya Revenue Authority or External auditors etc. and ensure implementation of the recommendations.
Minimum Qualification and Skill Requirements
- Degree in Business related course
- A qualified accountant with ACCA/CPA (K) or equivalent
- Member of ICPAK preferably with a valid Practicing Certificate
- Five (5) years’ experience in a busy Finance department, 2 of which in a management level.
- Experience in implementation and or development of an EPR system
- Committed Christian
- Excellent communication, problem solving, team building and analytical skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office application. Advance excel skills is mandatory
- Conversant with relevant legislations, taxation and international financial reporting standards.
How to Apply
Application with detailed CV, Copies of relevant certificates, names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 39, 20400
Closing date for receiving applications is 24th April 2018.
Visit our website www.tenwekhospital.org for detailed information of all announced positions.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||