Tenwek Hospital a Ministry of the Africa Gospel Church is a Faith-Based National Tertiary Teaching and Referral Hospital Level 6B with a bed capacity of 300 offering a wide -range of quality, affordable primary and specialized healthcare services. It has a staff population of 800 and is situated in Bomet County.
The hospital runs a College of Health Sciences.
The hospital seeks to fill in the following vacancy:
Human Resource Director
Purpose: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the job holder will manage human resources function and programs at the hospital in a cost effective and sustainable manner ensuring all institutions and departments operates within approved policies and relevant legislations.
The Job holder is also responsible for planning, staffing, directing and controlling the operations of the Human Resource Department.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for HR Strategy development and policy formulation and ensuring all approved HR policies and procedures are implemented.
- Jointly with other members of the management committee, oversee the implementation of the Board policies and directives regarding management of the Hospital.
- Ensure Hospital human capital requirement is met in terms of skills availability, attraction & resourcing, planning, training & staff development and retention
- Ensure HR processes supports the hospital strategic direction and are in compliance with the applicable statutory requirements.
- Responsible for performance management system ensuring it is fit for purpose and coordinates the staff appraisal process in liaison with other members of the management committee.
- Ensure and maintain well-functioning HR information systems and staff records management.
- Responsible for Labour Relations matters within the hospital and its institutions. This includes Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations, Complaint & Grievance handling, disputes resolutions, discipline management and maintaining cordial relationships with relevant stakeholders (Unions, Government and other relevant bodies).
- Responsible for job grading, salary reviews and all reward & recognition initiatives within the hospital and its institutions.
Minimum Qualification and Skill Requirements
- Degree in Social Sciences with a post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management.
- Member of Institute of Human Resource Management preferably with a valid Practicing Certificate.
- 5 years’ experience in a busy HR department, 2 of which at senior management level.
- Committed Christian
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, problem solving, team building, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Good knowledge of labour and other relevant legislations.
How to Apply
Application with detailed CV, Copies of relevant certificates, names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 39, 20400
Closing date for receiving applications is 24th April 2018.
Visit our website www.tenwekhospital.org for detailed information of all announced positions.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Human Resource Director
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||