Our client, a fast growing transport and logistics company is seeking to fill the position of Operations Manager within its organization.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing transport and distribution operations with overall responsibility of developing and implementing strategies that create sustainable value for the company and its clients.
The position is a vital link between the Company and its key clients / partners with view of maintaining long-term relationships and value creation for both the company and its clients.
- Fleet Management – Building a reliable fleet of vehicles to ensure the company delivers on all contractual obligations, which includes managing of sub-contracted vehicles to ensure compliance to company policies and procedures;
- Forecasting demand by utilizing fleet information in order to adjust operations accordingly
- Leading and developing operations workforce team to ensure optimal performance by entrenching a culture of performance management amongst employees
- Performance Management – Developing driver and other operations staff score cards and conducting periodic appraisal.
- Business Intelligence – Keeping and Collecting requisite data to ensure route efficiency and trip optimization;
- Resolving problems concerning transportation or customer issues and any other that may arise in the course of conducting business;
- Relationship Management – Proper managing of relationships with our suppliers, clients and subcontractors in a professional and ethical manner while building strong and lasting relationships that benefit the company.
- Document Management – Maintaining records of all vehicles in the fleet of registrations, inspections and equipment.
- Maintaining strong internal controls to ensure cost containment;
- Workshop Management – Managing workshop operations of procuring and servicing of vehicles. Monitoring the conditions of the vehicle to ensure they are in good condition and proposing replacements when necessary.
- Ensuring customer cargo is delivered in full without damages or shortages by coordinating with team to comply with Quality Assurance policy.
- Negotiating rates and development of service level agreements with suppliers, distributors and subcontractors with the aim of controlling costs and ensure optimal service.
- Ensuring HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) standards are upheld as per company policy;
- Representing the company in client meetings and generating new business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management (bias in logistics and Supply Chain Management an added advantage)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior role in Operations and Logistics for an established Company in the industry
- Comprehensive understanding of Supply Chain Management and Transport & Logistics Operational Systems
- Good understanding of all relevant legal compliance and fleet controls
- Experience in effectively operating in a high volume service driven transport operation
- Awareness of on Health, Safety and Environment with bias in Fleet Management
- Technical skills in Supply Chain and Logistics IT solutions.
- Ability to plan and organize self and work in order to achieve objectives and targets and is accountable for the delivery of outcomes.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their applications to email@example.com by 20th April 2018.
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
Transport and Logistics Company
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||