Vacant Position: Operations Manager / General Manager
Reporting To: The Board Members
Industry: Transport Industry
Location: Western Kenya Region
Our client in a progressive Public Service Vehicle Sacco headquarters based in Kisumu , is seeking to engage dynamic individuals for Operations Manager / General Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the SACCOs core business operations and ensuring sufficient and effective service delivery, proper attention to all SACCO stakeholders-members, clients, staff, regulatory authorities, marketing, Business operations and direct planning while leading a team of above 300 staff.
- Overseeing overall day-to-day management of the SACCOs core business operations and ensuring sufficient and effective service delivery.
- Participate in team working on development of new products (Routes) and services and ensure the successful implementation of the new products and services once the Board of Directors has approved the venture.
- Ensure total compliance and enforcement of rules and regulations governing the transport sectors, and transport authority
- Participate in establishing departmental goals and this will be secured in the budgets which will provide the resources to accomplish the goals
- Prepare timely reports on activities under the section and submit to the board members for evaluation and action
- Ensuring all the money is collected, banked and records kept well
- Responsible for physical facilities at all branches to ensure that the working environment for staff, customers’ serving facilities and general image of the organization is excellent
- Ensures all the vehicles and property maintenance and service is kept in good state and keeping all the records/tracks for the maintenance schedules done
- Provide Proper running of the operations, supervision and attention to all SACCO stakeholders-members, clients, staff, regulatory authorities, marketing, etc
- Listen, analyze and design a customer’s complaint system that will address limitations in product or service deliveries and identify ways of giving feed backs as a basis of enhancing SACCO image in the public.
- Ensure Business operations, direct planning and organizing, directing, coordinating, staffing, evaluating daily services delivery to attain the quality services are provided to members in the most cost effective manner and with efficient and up to date methods of deliveries.
- Participate in seminars to keep abreast of the changes and their impacts on the SACCO.
- Seek opportunities to enhance skills and value to the SACCO and make suggestions for improvement including providing training to the drivers.
- In consultation with relevant departments, ensure proper running of administrative matters of the SACCO are maintained including staff redeployment, logistics, security, surveillance and compliance
- Writes orders for the fueling of vehicles and checks to ensure that the fuel id properly used.
- Calculates and maintains Drivers overtime.
- Prepares weekly report of the sections operations and submits to the relevant authority
- Handles more delicate issues but works fairly independently
- Spends most of the time solving members and staff problems
- Has to attend to meetings most of the time
- Calculates and works with figures frequently
- Writes frequently
- Sometimes sitting for long hours and odd hours
- Occasionally exposed to traffic accidents when traveling
- Bachelor of mechanical engineering or Bachelor of automotive engineering or any related field
- Diploma in business management is a must.
- Professional membership from relevant bodies
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience at managerial level
- Be between 30 – 50 years of age
- Very good in written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate [MS Office or Excel]
- Tax Compliance from KRA
- Report From an approved Credit Reference Bureau
- Clearance from EACC
- Certificate of Good conduct
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward an application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied by copies of certificates, National ID, names and contacts of referees, to email@example.com