Ujamaa-Africa is an NGO that promotes economic empowerment, personal security and health for vulnerable women through prevention strategies.
We are continuously conducting groundbreaking research and scale up our interventions and have thus far demonstrated a dramatic decrease in the prevalence of rape in the area we work in.
We are looking for an Account professional who will be responsible for maintaining accurate, up to date and complete financial records for all financial and post transactions using Quick books.
Maintain financial supporting documentations, review payment vouchers for supplier’s payments, carry out monthly Bank Reconciliations, and respond on a timely basis to all suppliers’ inquiries.
Terms: Fixed term (1-year contract)
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Review and process payment vouchers for supplier’s payments, travel advance requests and other payments requests
- Track outstanding advances and follow up to ensure all are cleared on timely basis and in line with Ujamaa’s financial policies ·
- Review all travel expense reports, workshop expense reports and any other reconciliations for authorization, allowable expenses, charge codes and accounting for advances
- Follow up on resolutions of all questioned items and see that they are resolved in a timely manner
- Responsible for posting/reviewing transactions in QuickBooks
- Respond on a timely basis to all suppliers’ inquiries, monitor and reconcile supplier statements on regular basis and ensure timely settlement of bills
- Respond to staff inquiries on a timely basis on any financial issues ·
- Carry out monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Handle/monitor petty cash
- Prepare management accounts
- As part of the Finance team, identify opportunities for streamlining office processes, make recommendations and implement changes
- Provide support to the project staff by ensuring cost effective utilization of resources
- Monitor project expenditure to ensure they are in line with donors’ agreements and prepare donor financial reports
- Monitor projects expenditure against the budgets and provide frequent feedback to the project managers and project staff on budget matters
- Review field imprest / staff travel advance to ensure adherence to set procedures
- Review partner institutions’ expenditure accounting and prepare funds disbursements
- Participate in proposal development, preparing budgets and other administrative sections
- Prepare for project audits by continuously reviewing accounts for accuracy and provide support to auditors during project financial audits
- Process payments and funds transfer
- Ensure proper records management and compliance with standard accounting practices. Monitor and reconcile supplier statements on regular basis and ensure timely settlement of bills.
- Ensure accurate forecasting and budgeting of expenditure
- Preparing project reports
- Internal audit functions
- Facilitate smooth external audit process
- A degree in Accounting or any business related field and professional accountancy training CPA/ACCA
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience with international NGO(s)
- Familiarity with Donor funded projects
- Analytical approach to work
- Problem-solving skills, sound technical skills, creative and initiative
- Excellent organizational skills, detailed oriented with high degree of accuracy
- Strong attention to detail
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Team Player
- Proficiency in Ms Office applications including word and excel (advanced), hands on work experience with QuickBooks or any other accounting software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must currently have legal authorization to work in Kenya
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our recruitment email- email@example.com
Detailed CVs’ and Cover letters should be addressed to: –
The Human Resources Officer,
P.O Box 18265-00100
Applications should be received before Close of business 27th April, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Those who had previously applied for the position need not to re-apply.
For more information about Ujamaa, visit our website; www.ujamaa-africa.org.