Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1.
Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project seeks a candidate for the USAID-funded PMI VectorLink Kenya Project in the following position:-
Duty Station / Location: Kisumu County, Kenya
Under the supervision of the Country Finance & Admin Manager, the Accountant records project financial transactions, posts to appropriate projects and tasks, prepares periodic financial statements and reports, and keeps the records of the accounts books up to date.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Records expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in the books of accounts.
- Prepares payment vouchers and corresponding checks.
- Prepares payroll and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc.).
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Checks petty cash payments and periodically reconciles petty cash balances.
- Keeps a register of fixed assets and maintains an easy cross reference system of all government property.
- Ensures that the books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required.
- Prepares the monthly ROV in accordance with Abt Associates procedures and policies.
- Prepares monthly cash requests, and promptly advises action required to cover estimated costs.
- Liaise with the Finance & Contracts Director and the Finance & Contract Analyst at the Africa IRS Headquarters Office on all aspects of financial procedures and any issues that may arise.
- Ensures that government taxes are paid on time.
- Ensures that periodic inventory of the fixed assets (property) of the company is conducted.
- Ensures compliance, preparation and filling of various statutory documents including preparation of DA1 VAT forms for the project.
- Assists the VectorLink Kenya Finance & Administration Manager in the implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the company.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Secondary School completion (minimum) or a CPA level 2 (desirable), or a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Business, or other relevant field (desirable).
- At least two (2) years of professional experience in Accounting and Program Financial Management.
- Experience working at international development programs, with experience at USAID-funded programs highly desirable.
- Experience in payroll management, petty cash management, financial reporting, and budget tracking.
- Experience in inventory management is desirable.
- A self-starter that is able to perform under pressure is preferred.
- A strong command of financial and other computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Quicken, Access, etc.
- English language capability.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to VectorControl_Kenya@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line e.g. “County Coordinator” by COB Friday, May 11th, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.