Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Service Engineer
Department: Customer Experience
Location: Gateway Park
Employment Status / Type: Full-time
Position Reporting to: Customer Surveillance Manager
Manages Others: No
Job Purpose / Summary: Reporting to the Team Leader, the job holder is responsible for answering customer enquiries, monitoring, troubleshooting and escalating, for Zuku Fiber client connections on HFC and GPON networks; Voice platform and Metro Ethernet.
The job holder will be expected to
- provide one-stop customer support for all Fiber services by responding to customer contacts within defined SLAs
- resolve customer query on first contact and keep the promise of query/problem resolution for escalated cases
- take full ownership of customer cases that land and handover unresolved cases at end of day
- ensure customer satisfaction with service and quality of support provided.
The job holder will be expected to undertake extensive troubleshooting for any service matters using the existing systems and follow up with transversal teams to resolve.
Good interpretation of customer queries and relay of accurate information to reassure customers and manage their expectations – are key to this role.
The job holder will be expected to identify and highlight to the Team Leader, all emerging service issues of general of unique nature; that may require maintenance, upgrade or restructuring of Fiber services in order to meet customer needs.
The job demands high performance of the holder, for which KPIs are defined and measured for monthly performance scores.
Any other duty that may be assigned.
Experience and Background Required:
- Degree/Diploma in any of these fields: Electrical/Electronic, Telecommunications, Computer Technology, Computer Science, Information Technology.
- 2 years Experience in Engineering
- Skills in Enterprise Solutions, VPN.
- Knowledge in transmission.
- Understanding of – IP networks; the contention ratios in the network; Metro Ethernet networks
- Troubleshooting skills e.g. on CMTS basic configuration, IP assignment (DHCP services).
- Understanding of the basic network design & structure: Master node, distribution node, GPON.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Knowledge and experience in reading, analyzing, and interpreting reports and technical procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office – specifically Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, peers and customers.
- Ability to handle service delivery and service assurance processes and structures in a large telecommunications environment.
- Self-driven, customer centric and team player.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their application including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to email@example.com on or before 19th April 2018.
The subject line Customer Experience – Service Engineer
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Computer and Mathematical
|Company / Organization||
Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||