Watervale Investments Ltd
Job Vacancy: Accounting Officer
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Who we are: Watervale is transforming Kenya’s furniture industry by putting quality living within everyone’s reach. Joining us combines the stability of a mid-sized company with the growth opportunity of a start-up.
Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- More than doubled in size each year, growing from a start-up to mid-sized company
- Reached hundreds of thousands of Kenyan homes with our products
- Supported the growth of over 200 micro and small businesses across the country
- Attracted global investment to continue fueling our growth and vision
What You’ll make it happen:
We are looking for someone with high growth potential and comfortable with numbers.
You’ll be an analytical person who is passionate about crunching numbers.
You will enjoy supporting the implementation of Finance and Administrative policies and procedures, invoicing, recording payments and receipts, tracking and filing of documents as you learn more from the senior management team.
The role in brief:
Accounting activities and controls:
- Reviewing accounting documents to ensure the accuracy of information
- Daily posting of financial transactions in Quickbooks and checking ledgers for accuracy
- Ensures that statutory payments are timeously made
- Implements and enforce internal controls
- Attend to audit issues
Manage Electronic and Hard Copy Inventory/Sales Records:
- Promptly input stock transfers, purchase orders and other movements of goods
- Prepare and properly file invoices and delivery notes for customer orders
- Track and follow up on customer payments
Assist with Other Administrative Tasks:
- Ensure the office is organized, orderly and stocked with necessary commodities
- Support customers via telephone and in person when needed
Career Growth: Watervale invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
As a Dream candidate:
We’re looking for new team members who are first and foremost eager to learn and grow in their roles.
We put less of an emphasis on formal qualifications and look carefully at candidates’ abilities, experience and character.
Candidates should demonstrate the following in their application materials:
- A preference for a candidate with a minimum of CPA/ACCA II, Diploma or Degree in Commerce and at least 1 year of experience or any level of accounting training with at least 3 years on-the-job experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially, word and Excel
- Good knowledge of any accounting software e.g Sage, SAP, Pastel & Quick Books
- Must have a high level of integrity
- An enthusiastic individual with outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail—ability to analyze data and proactively identify and address issues
- An initiative taker who enjoys working independently once you receive clear directions from the manager
- Eager to join a mid-sized and quickly-growing organization and team
Apply by visiting http://www.watervale.co.ke/vacancies/