UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. 008/2018
Post Title: Logistics Assistant (Cash-Based Transfers)
Contract type: Fixed Term
Post Grade: SC-5
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 1 year (initial)
Date of Issue: 5th April 2018
Closing Date: 18th April 2018
Organizational Background: The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food
assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates only. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the National Logistics Officer and overall supervision of the Deputy Head of Logistics, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assess structure and capacity of the local retail sector to deliver in-direct food assistance both in regular and emergency
- Ensure early warning and risk assessment of supply, supply chain mapping, market capacity and elasticity, drivers of change and
- Network with supply chain stakeholders to validate collected data on supply chain, and market and supply corridor alerts;
- Build and develop productive relationships with the retail network in locations with active WFP contracted retailers;
- Manage and resolve complaints, concerns and provide feedback from WFP contracted retailers;
- Manage and assess retailers’ performance against key performance indicator targets;
- Control and build retailers’ capacity on food storage and handling techniques, pest management and rodent control as required;
- Manage the activities of the 3rd Party retail logistics consultants tasked with data collection and information dissemination from/to
retailers and other key stakeholders;
- Coordinate with other key departments in the Country Office and Area Offices as required to ensure successful retail delivery;
- Perform other related tasks as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in logistics and supply chain management, procurement and economics is desirable.
Experience: Four years of progressively responsible support experience in logistics operations including atleast three years of relevant experience in cash-based transfers across the programme life cycle including trade logistics capacity assessments, vendor relationship management, risk identification and mitigation measures.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement. Knowledge of Somali language is an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Sound knowledge in innovative developments in cash-based transfers technologies and retail engagement strategies;
- Demonstrated experience in retailer onboarding process, retailer relationship management and supply chain and corridor monitoring;
- Demonstrated ability to work with different teams;
- Experience in data management and analysis;
- Experience in complex emergencies and institutional environments is desirable;
- Hands on experience in UN administrative regulations and policies in the area of work is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to CLICK HERE to submit online applications through E-Recruitment portal.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Logistics Assistant (Cash-Based Transfers)
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
UN World Food Programme – Somalia
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||