Job title: Operations Manager – Collections
Reporting to: COO
Hours: 8:30 – 17:30 Monday – Friday and beyond when required
Location: Nairobi, with occasional local travel required
Purpose of the position: This role’s purpose is to lead and motivate the collections team in order to achieve collections targets, support the Chief Operations Officer in running the day to day collections of the business unit.
Working closely with Unit and Satellite staff in monitoring data integrity on the systems, managing information flow between the different business functions and
recommending improvements to credit and general business processes.
This role is also responsible for administering the collections process, and assisting in the smooth, efficient and effective running of the lending process.
Responsibilities & duties
- Overall responsibility for collections performance of the entire business
- Leading and motivating the collections team in order to achieve collections target
- Implementation and maintenance of a set of comprehensive Credit Risk Policies and Procedures
- Introduce and evolve effective operations and reporting assessment tools to minimize risk and proactively identify problem areas
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting of Key Performance Indicators for the department
- Monitor the progress of all defaulters and take timely steps to contain the situation as per the credit policy and SOPs governing this process
- Managing relationships with the units in order to reduce exposure to potential bad debt
- Call Center management functions including call monitoring and quality assessment
- Manage and participate in field collections
- Liaise with collection agencies and the Units/Satellites in the collection and mitigation of NPLs
- Subject matter expertise during recruitment and training of collection agents
- Play a significant role in monitoring the integrity and completeness of data captured by the unit staff; flag any discrepancies and seek swift clarity of these variances
Academic & trade qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economic, or business related subject
- MSc. will be an added advantage
Work experience & skills
- 4 to 6 years’ work experience in a similar position
- Experience in leading a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience working in a microfinance institution
- Experience in call centre management
Personal qualities & behavioral traits
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, employing effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong client service orientation
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Mature self-starter who takes initiative
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the above requirements and competencies, kindly send your cv and cover letter detailing your suitability for the position applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly headline your application Operations Manager – Collections.