Job Vacancy: Accountant
Main purpose of the job: To provide accurate, meaningful and timely financial information, maintenance of the books of accounts and ensuring integrity on all financial transactions processing chain
Among others, key accountabilities will include:-
- Circulating monthly closing timetable and making follow up to ensure adherence to deadlines.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly consolidated statement of financial position and statement of cash flows.
- Reviewing general ledger account reconciliations for accuracy and timeliness in their preparation.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial statements for management as well as other stakeholder’s decision making.
- Prepare profit and loss statements, monthly expense comparison, bank reconciliations and petty cash report
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Analyze and review budgets and expenditures
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Review cash receipts journal entry
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting/ Finance or a related business field
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA(K), / ACCA or equivalent) and be a member of ICPAK
- At least 4 years relevant working experience
- A team player with excellent communication skills, Attention to detail, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- High standards of ethics and values
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com before end of day 30th May 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted