Job Vacancy: Accountant
Main purpose of the job: To provide accurate, meaningful and timely financial information, maintenance of the books of accounts and ensuring integrity on all financial transactions processing chain
Among others, key accountabilities will include:-
- Circulating monthly closing timetable and making follow up to ensure adherence to deadlines.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly consolidated statement of financial position and statement of cash flows.
- Reviewing general ledger account reconciliations for accuracy and timeliness in their preparation.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial statements for management as well as other stakeholder’s decision making.
- Prepare profit and loss statements, monthly expense comparison, bank reconciliations and petty cash report
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Analyze and review budgets and expenditures
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Review cash receipts journal entry
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting / Finance or a related business field
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA(K), / ACCA or equivalent) and be a member of ICPAK
- At least 4 years relevant working experience
- A team player with excellent communication skills, Attention to detail, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
High standards of ethics and values
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com before end of day 15th June 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted