Vacant Position: Accounts Clerk – Nairobi
Our client a school institution is currently recruiting for the above mentioned position.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 3 years prior experience in the same capacity.
Reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Accurate day-to-day financial record keeping and reporting.
- Preparation of payment vouchers by following laid down approvals and ensuring attachment of all relevant supporting documents.
- Providing input for cash advance requests or requisitions and help in collection of the supporting documents for these requests.
- Update accounts payable ledgers, ensure accurate posting to correct accounts, periods and perform reconciliations.
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices for school fees etc.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Process all vendor payments and reconciliation with vendor statements.
- Maintain cash book on the system and perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Payroll postings and reconciliations.
- Petty cash payment posting and reconciliation.
- Generating trial balance for the Finance Manager’s review.
- Post and reconcile MPESA PAYBILL accounts.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
- Be responsible for day-to-day financial procedures including supplier payments, information sharing and filing ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions are taken.
- Ensuring that invoicing and billing agreements are correctly in place for all key suppliers.
- Prepare and assist during external and internal audits.
- Participate in annual stock counts.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance Manager.
- CPA (K).
- At least 3 years’ experience in finance and accounts management.
- Excellent oral and communication skills with the ability to present financial matters to non-financial managers.
- High degree of computer literacy in Microsoft Office products especially Excel and financial systems (ERP).
- Ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records.
- Must have good organizational skills so as to handle work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and maintain flexibility in working hours.
- Ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- An interesting working environment.
- Appropriate salary plus participation in the Organization medical and pension scheme.
- 1 year contract with a possibility for an extension.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and updated word document CV to email@example.com indicating clearly on the subject line the position you are applying for and current or Last gross pay salary. (Accounts Clerk Post-Current/Last Gross pay XXXXXX)
NOTE: Consider unsuccessful if not contacted within 7 days.
Please DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.