African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)
Exciting Career Opportunity: IT Administrator
African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is a premier capacity building institution devoted to the advancement of research and training to inform economic policies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
AERC, now 29 years in existence was formed to address a glaring gap in economic policy analysis and research, coupled with a need to strengthen postgraduate training in economics, in sub-Saharan Africa.
We are seeking to fill the position of an IT Administrator to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The position will report to the Manager, ICT.
Overall Job Purpose: The IT Administrator is responsible for effective user support, provisioning, installation operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The position provides first level support and systems administration services ensuring effective performance and security of IT services and underlying systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Systems Administration: Developing and provisioning system administration related solutions for various project and operational needs.
IT enabled Implementations: Working with departments/units to identify needs, devise requirements, assess process changes and propose solutions for evaluation and implementation
- Operations and Support: Provide first level support including investigating and troubleshooting Help desk issues. Proactively coordinating and communicating with impacted users.
- Maintenance: Ensure the IT infrastructure effectively supports operational performance objectives underpinning the delivery of IT enabled services IT.
Security: Ensure effectiveness of information security controls and continuous fidelity of the overall information security posture
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major in engineering, IT or computer science and at least five years’ experience in IT administration, system administration or related experience.
Key Skills and Competencies
- System Administration/System Engineer certifications in Microsoft. ITIL foundation certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision, Microsoft CRM and Power BI implementation and administration. MS Dynamics Navision related certification is a plus.
- Experience in administering Office 365, Azure, AWS and Google cloud infrastructure and services. A certification in any one of these platforms is a plus
AERC offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Interested applicants are invited to visit AERC’s website at www.aercafrica.org to view the detailed descriptions of duties and required qualifications.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com by Wednesday, June 13th, 2018.
Due to the expected volume of applications, AERC will only enter into further correspondence with short-listed candidates.