AMREF Flying Doctors
Job Title: First Officer
Job Ref: AFD/OPS/05-05/2018
Job Grade: Grade D
Physical Location: Inside Wilson Airport, Nairobi
Main Purpose of the Job: Perform as a flight crew on AMREF Flying Doctors’ aircraft and missions while observing the highest safety standards and economic operation and management of aircraft as per company policy
Chief Executive & Medical Director -> Chief Operating Officer -> Chief Pilot -> First Officer
1) Act as flight crew on AMREF Flying Doctors missions which include outreach flights, medical evacuations and other emergency flights with the highest of safety standards;
2) Ensuring that AMREF operates and complies with all laws, rules and regulations of all authorities of each country in which it operates;
3) Assisting the Chief Pilots’ office in matters related to flight operations including flight missions in the areas of operation.
4) Performing functional checks or maintenance test flights when and as required.
5) Providing assistance to the medical crew during medical interventions as necessary
6) Understanding of KCARS and familiarisation with trend and monitoring systems both within maintenance and Flight operations.
7) And other duties as may be required
- Must hold a valid Kenyan ATPL or CPL with multi engine instrument rating
- Minimum of 1,500 hours flying experience
- Minimum of 500 hours on turbine engine aircraft
- Minimum of 500 hours command time
- Minimum of 500 hours on twin engine aircraft
- Minimum hours on type – 250 hours
- Have a strong understanding of Kenyan Civil Aviation Regulations
- Previous experience with aero medical flights is an advantage
- Good command of English language both oral and written
- Decision making ability and flexible thinking
- High degree of discipline and teamwork
- Ability to make quick decisions and work calmly under pressure.
- Commercial/business acumen
- People management
- Time management
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria and have the passion to contribute to the leading African-based Aero Medical and Health Assistance service provider, submit your letter and CV quoting the reference number for the position on the subject line of the email to Vacancies@flydoc.org.
Deadlines for submission is Monday, 14 May 2018.
Feedback will be given to shortlisted candidates only.
NOTE: AMREF Flying Doctors does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.