AMREF Flying Doctors
Job Opening: Flight Operations Officer
Job Grade: C2
Unit Operations: Physical Location Inside Wilson Airport, Nairobi
Main Purpose of Job: The job holder is responsible in ensuring compliance to flight safety procedures during service delivery as guided by the civil aviation regulations and company policy and also provide technical support on jet operations.
Reports to: Operations and Network Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement airfield safety procedures to ensure a safe operating environment for personnel and aircraft operation.
- Safe and efficient scheduling and re-scheduling of Flight Crew, as required;
- Ensuring adequate supply of official company forms are available for use in Flight Operations;
- Carry out flight dispatch duties inclusive of preparation of all documentation with the use of a checklist as per company procedures.
- Preparation, submission and distribution of Operational Flight Plans and Flight Logs:
- Supervision and preparation of all flight briefings and provision of flight planning information;
- Assembling of documentation as provided for in the flight folio, preparation and submission of ATC Flight Plans;
- The organization of aircraft movements in the event of disruption owing to weather, technical or other factors to achieve the minimum loss of time and minimum interference to the schedule;
- Maintaining flight movement watch and flight following;
- Relay departure, arrival, delay, aircraft and airfield status, and other pertinent information to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Operations Manager and medical team for both sub-charter and AMREF flights
- Communicating with the DOM in regards to maintenance related activities affecting flight operations.
- Conduct departure and arrival briefings to crew as well as communicate relevant information to patients or those accompanying them.
- Monitor the arrival, parking, refuelling, loading, and departure of both sub-charter and AMREF flights
- Coordinate with the applicable agencies to meet aircrew requirements for refuelling, ground services, crew transportation and accommodation.
- Procure, produce, and provide information on the safe operation of aircraft, such as flight planning publications, operations publications, charts and maps and weather information.
- In conjunction with the Documentation Department the maintenance and retention of all required flight documents;
- Ensure data entry of all relevant flight information into the company database system as well as post flight filing of flight operations documents, for monitoring purposes by the Operations Manager and Chief Pilot as required by the regulator
- Ensuring that flight reports of Safety, Incidents, Accidents or Security related reports are processed in accordance with AMREF Flying Doctors procedures;
- Retention of required records associated with flight handling, departure and arrival;
- Assisting ticketing of passengers and baggage (when applicable) and assisting in the hand-out of boarding cards;
- Assisting medical crew and passengers during loading and offloading of aircraft;
- Monitoring of Duty Time: rest and recreation requirements; flight time and duty time limitations;
- Initiating Accident/Alarm procedures inclusive of notification process and maintaining a written Log during the Incident.
- In conjunction with the medical team answer telephones and respond to operational queries as required to the satisfaction of clients.
- Produce applicable operational reports as requested by the Operations Manager and the COO suitable in assisting the senior management in decision making
- Any other work related activity that maybe reasonably assigned by the relevant supervisor
- Diploma in Flight Operations/Dispatch
- Current KCAA Flight Operations (FOO) License is an added advantage
- Knowledge in radio communication
- Minimum 6 consecutive years of work experience in a flight operations department of which 3 years must be in Jet operations
- Good knowledge of the aviation industry
- Knowledge of KCAA Regulations to enable facilitate compliance with aviation industry regulations
- Knowledge of IATA policies and comply with international aviation regulations
- Knowledge of ICAO policies for compliance with international navigation rules
- Knowledge of KAA Policies to understand the airport rules and procedures
- Basic knowledge in First Aid
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken with a good command of English language
- Organized, ability to plan effectively and multitask with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with teams
- ICT proficiency
- Commercial/business acumen
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria and have the passion to contribute to the leading African-based Aero Medical and Health Assistance service provider, submit your letter and CV quoting the reference number for the position on the subject line of the email to Vacancies@flydoc.org.
Deadlines for submission is Wednesday, 23 May 2018.
Feedback will be given to shortlisted candidates only.
NOTE: AMREF Flying Doctors does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.